Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
lvergara
My Device: Bold 9780

Cannot connect to App World when Connected to wifi

Hi All! I have a Bold 9780 every time I connect to wifi and trying to access App world there is this message always promting. "There is an issue with BlackBerry App World. BlackBerry App World must now close." 

is there anybody who has the same problem as mine? can somebody Help me? Tnx

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Cannot connect to App World when Connected to wifi

You're in luck!  Everyone who tries to connect to AppWorld through WiFi gets that message (or a similar message, but whatever it is they can't connect to it).

The reason?  RIM has designed the newer versions of AppWorld to only work with a network connection.  WiFi connectivity has been discontinued.

Now doesn't that feel better knowing you're not alone?  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
lvergara

i have a friend who has the same unit as mine but doesn't have the same problem.

Elite II
BillJ

Chances are that friend is running an older version of AppWorld.  Anything version 2.0 or higher runs exclusively on network connection. 

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
lvergara

can i install the older version? or is there a site where i can download a lower version of App World?

Elite II
BillJ

[ Edited ]

No.  Once a newer version is available and is installed on your phone, that's it.  You can revert to older versions of Operating Systems, but not AppWorld.

I think RIM chose to follow this course of action to make purchases more secure.  With BlackBerry being all about security, I guess the decision makes sense, but it would be nice to access it over WiFi if we're not purchasing anything.  :smileyhappy:

EDIT:  If you restore your phone to one of your backup files that had an earlier version of AppWorld, you could do it that way.  Keep in mind that if you do that, you'll be getting the older versions of everything that was on your phone (perhaps including the OS as well) and you may not want that, but the option is there atleast.  :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
lvergara

how can i restore my BOLD 9780 to its factory settings? thank you very much for the help. :smileyvery-happy:

New Contributor
2slove1
My Device: curve 9360

I have got a curve 9360 and eveytime I try connecting bb app world with wifi , it shws a message"you are currently on a service plan that requires wifi connection to use this application.if u want to use this application outside of wifi,contact your service provider to upgrade your service plan . "
Plss somebody help me :smileysad:
Super Contributor
ukmight
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Are you able to browse the internet on your browser. Also provide the details of your service plan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
New Contributor
2slove1
My Device: curve 9360

Yes,I can browse rest everything and except the app world.
My service provider is du but I had stopped my bb service plan the last day.