Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Cannot delete contact in my Bold

Hello, I switched from an iPhone 3G to the Bold. When I first got the Bold I was using Missing Sync for Mac, but I was having too many problems. I started to sync my windows laptop instead using the latest windows of the BB sync desktop software. Everything seems to be working fine; however, I cannot delete one contact in my Bold. When I open the contact I do not have the “delete” or “Edit” option. I tried not opening the contact, then I do get a delete and edit option. I tried the delete option and nothing happens. I tried the edit option and I can edit the contact, however, when I try to save it I get the following message “Contact updated externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed” That contact does not appear on my Outlook 2007.

Somehow, this contact got attached my company email address, when I get an email from the company, the contact’s name appears instead of my company’s name on the “From” section.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Len
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Cannot delete contact in my Bold

Look and see if the contact is actually on your SIM card.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: Cannot delete contact in my Bold

Thank you for the Kudos and for the fast reply :smileyhappy:

I looked in my Sim phone book and it tells me there are no entries.