Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
alkaselzer
My Device: Bold 9900

Cannot find my media files even though they can be imported onto my PC

Hi

Recently I have been unable to view my media files although my memory (internal 8gb) isalmost full.

Each time I take a picture or a video I am able to import it onto my PC but I am unable to view it on my phone.

I have a 9900 and do not have a memory card. Numerous battery pulls have not resolved this issue.

When I go to Media/Pictures or videos in both cases it shows that I have no pictures or videos.

Highly frustrating as I cannot view them once I have taken them and of course I cannot delete them to make clear sone space.

Please help?

Thanks!

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Cannot find my media files even though they can be imported onto my PC

Hi alkaselzer,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Can you please verify that content protection is disabled on your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone and reinsert the battery before testing again? How are you transferring the media files to your PC? Are you able to see your media files on the BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone by choosing Media>Menu>Explore and navigating to the media folders? 

This KB article provides the content protection settings to check. "How to change the setting for Content Protection on the BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/O5DQn7

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
ana1992
My Device: blackberry 9650 verizon wirlees

Re: Cannot find my media files even though they can be imported onto my PC

HI !

I had the same problem in my BB 9650 ,I dont know how is in a BB 9900 but i can find my photos , vidios and songs to another place . To applications~file ~file folder~device~home ~user~ and then select what are you looking for.

I could delete them there , but to media I couldent.