Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
brightyswf
My Device: Not Specified

Cannot open attachments on BB bold

When I first got my Blackberry Bold I could open image attachements, attached emails and documents. But after a few days I noticed that ? (question marks)  where coming up where the images should have been and when I'd go to open the image or attachement I would get the message "This attachement type cannot be viewd on your device". I made sure the Blackberry Attachment Service was installed at the correct version, but it still didn't work. I have since reset the whole phone and reinstalled everything and it'll work for a day or so - then it goes back to being unable to open attachements. I was so please with Blackberry compared to my old HTC phones, but this is driving me crazycrazy

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DevilDawg
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Cannot open attachments on BB bold

Mine is doing the same thing. However it worked fine prior to installing updated version and platform. I noticed Documents 2 Go was free in BB Appworld. I am going to try reinstalliong that and see if it helps. I am also going to subscribe to this thread in the event someone smarter comes along. LOL.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Forza
My Device: 7230,7290,8100,8300,8700,9000

Re: Cannot open attachments on BB bold

Hi birghtyswf,

May I confirm if you are running with BES or BIS.  If you running with BES, is your email with attachment still in your Inbox or it has been moved?

Have you try to resend the same message back to yourself from your BB and see if it works?

brightyswf wrote:

When I first got my Blackberry Bold I could open image attachements, attached emails and documents. But after a few days I noticed that ? (question marks)  where coming up where the images should have been and when I'd go to open the image or attachement I would get the message "This attachement type cannot be viewd on your device". I made sure the Blackberry Attachment Service was installed at the correct version, but it still didn't work. I have since reset the whole phone and reinstalled everything and it'll work for a day or so - then it goes back to being unable to open attachements. I was so please with Blackberry compared to my old HTC phones, but this is driving me crazycrazy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone give you helpful hints, please click on Kudos.
If you issue is resolved, mark Accept Solution next to the resolution post.
Feel free to search www.blackberry.com/btsc to find your answers.
Please use plain text.