Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

abostock
My Device: Not Specified

Cannot open email attachments!?!

Hi, Got 3 new BB Bolds 9000 a few days ago for business use.... and on 1 of the phones I could open word documents for about 20 minutes but now it will not work.

On the other 2, cannot open attachments either.

The phones have word to go and have been registered?

When an email comes through there is no option anymore to 'download message' which there was on the 1 phone that worked orginally.

When I attempt to 'open attachment' it says "This attachment type cannot be viewed on your device"

I did notice that when I could origanlly open the attachments there was a 'paperclip over an evelope symbol'   

I know thats probally not the best explanation but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Cannot open email attachments!?!

I don't know why you lost that ability, you shouldn't. The DocumentsToGo is in the BB OS unless for some reason it was deleted?

Even so, the BlackBerry Attachment Service, should be loaded at Options > Advanced > Applications. Please look and confirm.

My first recommendation--with the BB still powered on, remove the battery for a few seconds, replace and reboot, and try again.

Report back?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
abostock

Blackberry Attachments is still there, I tried the reboot but still the same?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
rajihusseini

Hi, I have the same problem with the BB 9000. whenever i receive a mail attachment, it shows what is the type i.e. word doc, pdf, jpg. but when i try to open, the devise posts a message saying: "this type of attachment could not be viewed on your devise" any ideas. Thank you.
Please use plain text.