Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
murdo78
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: O2

Cannot receive / send emails, cannot access email settings.

Hello experts

I'm having problems with a Bold 9790 that is currently on wi-fi only due to the fact that i'm offshore and there is no phone signal, i'm normally on O2 though.

I came over to Denmark last week and all was well both before leaving the UK and once arriving, i got emails while at the airport in Denmark.  Got out to the rig and lo and behold no emails.  Didn't notice immediately just thought it was strange that after a few days i'd not received any mails.  I did have a problem with BBM upon arrival but swapped to WhatsApp instead and not had any issues with that.  Everything else is ok as i can search the internet without problems.  Still haven't cured the BBM problem but expect the two are connected.  Any issues with RIM servers that we know of?

Checked all the obvious settings but can't access email settings so guessing that may be something to do with the problem.  Tried to restart on numerous occasions by removing the battery but makes no odds as i just keep getting the message "Your device had a problem connecting to the server ".

Any light that can be shed on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
kosten4
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Re: Cannot receive / send emails, cannot access email settings.

Hello murdo,
Can you see if your host routing table section has something in it? When not on wifi do you see the bb data connection mark next to the coverage indicator? Do you have data roaming allowed in network's options?

Regards.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
murdo78

Hi kosten

Thanks for the suggestions.

i've no idea what a host routing table is but after a quick search of the device the following comes up numerous times:-  GPRS UK (234) [23401030]  When i click on this a lot of information is contained and each entry seems to contain the same info.

I can only hope this is good?

In answer to your other question both data services and roaming are on, as they should be, and all prompts are switched to on.

With regards to the symbol that i see at the top i'm so used to seeing it that i no longer register what i should be seeing but at the moment i've got the Serching for Network...-... and the aerial with an X beside it but that's only because i've switched the mobile network on again to check otherwise i see the only  the name of the wifi network i'm connected to.

The only other change that has been made has been the addition of the Twitter app again but i can't imagine this being the cause.  Just to check i shall delete it and see what i get then if nothing more i shall reinstall it.

Driving me nuts!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
murdo78

And it's fixed.  Just like that.

On another persons question i found the following:

If you can't use the BIS site to set up your email, try typing www.blackberry.com/integrate in your phone's browser.

I tired this and it worked, well after doing this i started to receive emails again as it re-registered my email account but i'm not entirely convinced this was soley responisble as i was trying a few different things but it's working again so that's the main thing.

Hope this thread can help anybody else in a similar fix.

Please use plain text.