Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Jasmina1813
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Cannot send email Blackberry Bold 9700

Help

I have just upgraded handset to version 6.0 bundle 2949 and cannot send emails.

can recieve emails

can browse internet

have tried reset hosting

have resent service books several times

have removed battery after each servie books

am eating my hair out!

help me

thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Cannot send email Blackberry Bold 9700

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should try deleting and re-adding your BIS configuration for the affected email accounts. Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jasmina1813

Thank you for your prompt reply but alas I am no better off.

I carefully followed your instructions and am still unable to send emails from the blackberry.

I do believe this is a software problem as when I choose reply to an existing message I do not get a send option there are 3 options:

switch application

save draft

full menu - of which send is not on it.

Again I only encountered this issue after I upgraded the handset software as prompted by desktop software.

help help help help

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

So, you did the 3 steps, and steps 1 and 2 both resulted as listed above before proceeding? And then of course the standard batt-pull reboot (step 3)?

What about the things I listed after (remove/reintegrate the email account, contact your mobile service provider)?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jasmina1813

Hello

Yes I did follow all three steps in the correct order and this did not help - as I mentioned previously i belive it was a software glitch as this occured direclty after handset software upgrade.

I even spent  hour on the phone to my telco who could not assist.

Wiped handset and started again this fixed the problem.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Jasmina1813 wrote:

Yes I did follow all three steps in the correct order and this did not help 

OK.

Jasmina1813 wrote:

as I mentioned previously i belive it was a software glitch as this occured direclty after handset software upgrade.

"Belief" is one thing..."proof" is another. I agree that the sequence strongly indicates a correlation, but I did not, from the information you provided, have thought that the probability was 100%. The processes we recommend are always in the order of least destructive first, and many are intended to be a deductive process so as to better narrow down the actual causes and find the least destructive "fix" available.

Jasmina1813 wrote:

I even spent  hour on the phone to my telco who could not assist.

That's a shame...then again, if you did not purchase your BB from them, then they may well be totally within their rights to deny you assistance on this particular matter. If, however, you did purchase your BB from them, then they successfully fobbed you off...in that condition, they are 100% responsible for all service and device support. You pay them for your services, and they were not delivering...

Jasmina1813 wrote:

Wiped handset and started again this fixed the problem.

We may have gotten to that point, had we learned from you if indeed you did not purchase your BB from your mobile service provider. But, fortunately, you discovered it for yourself and got going again. Well done!

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ziggy5757
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: 7756226901

I have the same problem.  I can always recieve emails, but not send.  I can't resend service books, because my enterprise account doesn't even show up in the list of email accounts.  Even though I use it everyday.  Any thoughts?

Does Blackberry have actual support people?  I would like to just call someone and explain.  I've had the same issues on multiple phones, all BB's.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hello,

ziggy5757 wrote:

I have the same problem.  I can always recieve emails, but not send.  I can't resend service books, because my enterprise account doesn't even show up in the list of email accounts.  Even though I use it everyday.  Any thoughts?

Given that you are on BES, you need to work with your BES admins...they control, well, everything. There is a specific section of this site that BES Admins can ask each other for help as well:

But, as the end user, you need to go to your BES admins...and they can ask other admins for help if they need it.

ziggy5757 wrote:

Does Blackberry have actual support people?  I would like to just call someone and explain.  I've had the same issues on multiple phones, all BB's.

Actually, RIM (BlackBerry is a device, RIM is the company that makes them) provides zero free end-user front line support. The carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers are all responsible for all front line support, and can escalate up to RIM issues that need to such. That is the nature of the support model, and all parties (RIM, the carriers, and even the end users) are contractually bound to it. If an end user desires to bypass their contract and seek support direct from RIM, that is possible...but it costs a fee just to ask the question (since the contractually required process is being electively bypassed).

For corporate users with BES, I believe they have other support options -- but again, your BES admins will know what that is.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jasmina1813

Wow

What a reply!! - are you arguing with me?

I would not make a statement that was not correct - you will have to trust when I make the statement that I followed all steps in the recommended sequence that I did!!  Believe me I wasted enough time yesterday doing this.

Let me explain further re the Telco statement I made - they were if fact very helpful and did offer me support for 1 hour ( I did not wait on hold for 1 hour) going over the steps recommended and also trying to reprovision service books from their end, checking BIS settings were correct etc - after 1 hour of trying different things they could no longer help me - I made this statement to confirm every single recommendation was followed in exact order.

this did not help me but what did assist was wiping the handset and starting again.

Please do not reply to this post

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Not for you (hence, this is not a reply to you), but for anyone else who may want to benefit from the posts of others, I feel I must clarify myself...

Jasmina1813 wrote:

Wow

What a reply!! - are you arguing with me?

Not at all...just trying to clarify the situation completely. When all we have to go by is the words provided here, I've learned that it's never safe to assume anything...for when I do assume, I'm usually wrong. So, I merely ask for clarifications as most things depend on the proper completion of one thing before proceeding to the next. And I tend to start with the least destructive remedy attempts first and try to avoid those remedies that are more destructive as they impact the end user so much more. So clarity as to that full and proper completion of all steps is what I seek. Not an argument at all...just clarity without assumption.

Jasmina1813 wrote:

I would not make a statement that was not correct - you will have to trust when I make the statement that I followed all steps in the recommended sequence that I did!!  Believe me I wasted enough time yesterday doing this.

I do believe that the last thing I said on this point was "OK"...I am hard pressed to understand how that translates into my doubting your words, for I do (and did) not.

Jasmina1813 wrote:

Let me explain further re the Telco statement I made - they were if fact very helpful and did offer me support for 1 hour ( I did not wait on hold for 1 hour) going over the steps recommended and also trying to reprovision service books from their end, checking BIS settings were correct etc - after 1 hour of trying different things they could no longer help me - I made this statement to confirm every single recommendation was followed in exact order.

I see...much more clear than before. Thank you.

Jasmina1813 wrote:

this did not help me but what did assist was wiping the handset and starting again.

We may very well have gotten to that point. But, as I say, I start with less destructive remedy attempts first...a device WIPE is quite destructive, and is further down my list of recommendations to give. We just never got to that point.

Jasmina1813 wrote:

Please do not reply to this post

Again, not a reply to you, but for others to understand.

But, in reply to you, as I said above -- well done!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.