Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ntnppn
My Device: Bold9900
Accepted Solution

Cannot set up email account on Bold 9900

I cannot set up an email address on my BlackBerry Bold 9900 because the “Internet Mail Account” option is not available on my handset. Only “Enterprise Account” set up option appears.    This mobile phone is for my private use and “Enterprise Account” is not appropriate for me.  My mobile network is “Giffgaff” ,but wi-fi I am trying to use is BT Infinity.

I contacted BT quoting the section from the user guide “How to: Top 10 Set up an email address” to no avail.  They insist that my problem cannot be solved by them because wireless network is functioning properly for my computer.

I would be grateful for advice.  

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Cannot set up email account on Bold 9900

To setup email, you have to have the correct blackberry data plan attached to your account.  Check with your service provider and verify this is setup properly.

After that, you can head to blackberry.com/integrate from the device and try to setup the email from there.

The service provider can also help setup email by using this website (from the computer) if you cant get logged in.

http://www.bt.blackberry.com/

but without the correct blackberry data plan, this will not work

Thank you for your prompt response.  The data plan suggested costs extra with my mobile provider.  I am currently enquiring to see if it is possible to set up an email account without having to pay extra.   Sorry for the delay in thanking you.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

[ Edited ]

ntnppn wrote:

I am currently enquiring to see if it is possible to set up an email account without having to pay extra.  

No, there isn't because if you set up a personal email account, you're telling your phone that you wish to have emails pushed to it.  That requires a BlackBerry data plan, or "BIS" for short, and that costs extra (much like Wolf359 already stated in his response).

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
ntnppn

Thank you for your reply.