Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell

Cannot set-up email accounts

[ Edited ]

I have been having problems with email on my  bold 9780 for some time.(OS 6.0 Bundle 2921)
on July 4th I stopped receiving emails and was unable to send any emails.
On July 7 I attempted to use the email accounts within Set-Up and it would not launch. It displayed the loading clock for a few seconds and then nothing. After a few attempts, I chose to leave Set-Up and upon clicking Exit, the bb froze.

this has happened many times. Now, all 3 of the email accounts that were on my phone have disappear. no icons at all.

I spoke with Bell tech support. I have tried to fix this problem by clearing the cache, tried it on wifi, tried it at over 80% battery, tried turning off compression, etc etc

nothing is working.

Please help

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Cannot set-up email accounts

[ Edited ]

Good day

Welcome to BB forums 

Why don't you upgrade to OS7? 

When I had my 9780 and had problems adding my emails Bold so Bell Tech support suggested I use their website  for Blackberry https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=bell

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

[ Edited ]

Hello ciannozzi

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Regarding your issue you can try the workaround suggested within this Knowledge Base :

KB33220 : Unable to access the Email Setup Application or Connect to BlackBerry ID services on a BlackBerry Smartphone .

Or first try what RobGambino suggested or use your BlackBerry browse and browse to www.blackberry.com/integrate to add / edit your email account . If it fails then try the above Knowledge Base . 

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

thanks for the response!

-when i connect my bb with the desktop software/check for updates I am not invited to upgrade to OS7

-when i use the link you attached, I cannot complete the instructions to set up BIS "From the home screen, select the Email Settings icon (this may also be found in the Setup folder). Or, if your smartphone uses the BlackBerry 6 operating system, select Internet Mail Account." because I do not have the Internet Mail Account button, and when I click Email Accounts in Set-Up I face the same freezing issue mentioned above.

- when i used the www.blackberry.com/integrate link i recieved the error message "A communication failure has occured. the server may be busy, please try again later. if the problem persists contact your service provider"

New Contributor

thanks for the response!

-when i connect my bb with the desktop software/check for updates I am not invited to upgrade to OS7

-when i use the link you attached, I cannot complete the instructions to set up BIS "From the home screen, select the Email Settings icon (this may also be found in the Setup folder). Or, if your smartphone uses the BlackBerry 6 operating system, select Internet Mail Account." because I do not have the Internet Mail Account button, and when I click Email Accounts in Set-Up I face the same freezing issue mentioned above.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

[ Edited ]

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=bell you can use your home pc or laptop if you like!

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Elite II

Hey ciannozzi

Well.. Sorry you cannot update your Bold 9780 to OS 7 ! But as KB says you should try a OS reload .

ciannozzi wrote : 

when i used the www.blackberry.com/integrate link i recieved the error message "A communication failure has occured. the server may be busy, please try again later. if the problem persists contact your service provider"

But .. for this error message , can you can check this first Homescreen > Manage Connections > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Services = what is the status now ? 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

"can you can check this first Homescreen > Manage Connections > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Services = what is the status now ? "
Mobile Network
New Contributor

I am trying to do this on my PC but I am unable to login. none of the attempts are working. I have requested my password via user name and PIN but have not received it
Elite II

Hi there ,

It seems good , first try to register your device with your Carrier Network .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

Reboot your device , then from a PC try your Carrier site as ROB suggested to add to edit your emails , you can also call and request your Carrier to resend Service Books to your handheld

If you're unable to use your Carrier site then you have to follow the Knowledge Base and reload your device Software .

So, please try it in order and let us know.