Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Talkmobile

Cannot view separate received and sent SMS messages on 9790 like I could with 9000

On my Bold 9000 incoming and sent SMS messages were shown in separate folders. With my new 9790 all are shown in the same folder and if I reply or forward the incoming SMS I cannot view the original.  For example I forwards an incoming message and can see that in the forwarded reply but not see the original message in my inbox so that I can reply to it. I would like to se all original SMS messages in a list and sent messages in a different list. How can I do this?

Solutions: 6,136
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Cannot view separate received and sent SMS messages on 9790 like I could with 9000

Blackberry, like all other smartphones, have what's called 'threaded SMS" where the conversation is all in one screen, not separate as int the past.

The view you see is the view you get.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: o2

Re: Cannot view separate received and sent SMS messages on 9790 like I could with 9000

you can go into your inbox and then press the blackberry menu key and go to "view folders"

selecting "sms outbox" will show every sms you have sent in a list not threaded.

hope that helps :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Talkmobile

Ok but I forwarded an SMS and then when I went to reply to the original it wasn't there! V frustrating!
Solutions: 6,136
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

dbthundercat wrote:
you can go into your inbox and then press the blackberry menu key and go to "view folders"

selecting "sms outbox" will show every sms you have sent in a list not threaded.

And, as soon as you open it, it opens it threaded view. Try it.  :smileywink:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: o2

it does open it threaded yes.... but its already selected that message for easy forwarding ect.

not an ideal solution to how it used to be. but it works :smileyhappy: