Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Belissma
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Vodacom
Accepted Solution

Cant View SIM Contacts

Help!

I have a SIM Card in my phone with all my SIM Contacts on them but I cannot view any of my SIM Contacts

Searched around for a while and found that I have to go into Contacts > Into a Contact > Press Menu button and goto Full Menu > I get the option there to Move contact to SIM but I cannot see anywhere where it says SIM Contact Menu!!!

I know the contacts are definatly there because when somoene tries to call me their details show up on the screen but I cannot see them in Contacts

Help Please!!

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Daimart
My Device: Blackberry Q10 - 10.2.0.424
My Carrier: Cyta-Vodafone (Cyprus)

Re: Cant View SIM Contacts

Hi,

go to contacts-menu key-Sim Phone book,

I hope this helps,

Regards

David

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Can you please click on the KUDOS star if this was helpful and click on Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Hi aand welcome to the Blackberry Forums

Go to the address book, press menu, SIM phone book, press menu again and Copy all to Contacts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jakfrost
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell Canada

I have a 'similar' problem...when I go to my 'Sim phonebook' there are only 3 items showing, and I have 297 items in my 'contacts'.

How do I get my contacts into the sim phonebook...I thought it was automatic, this is my first phone with a sim card so pretty new to this feature.

I am freaked out that if I needed to replace this phone I would have to go thru the PAIN of transferring all my contacts from my Mac to Mobile.me to Outlook to Blackberry all over again...I thought the sim card feature would ease that procedure.

Jim 

First time BB user. BDM with XP thru Parallels under OS X.6.2. BB v5.0.0.423 (Platform 5.1.0.116).
Please use plain text.
onyonsilk
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: At&T

I goto contacts -menu key and i can only get these options:

Filter

New Contact

New group

Options

Switch application

Close

I ckick options and i get:

General Options

I cannot see anything like SIM Fone book

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jakfrost
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell Canada

I found how to view them OK, the real problem seemed to be, how to transfer them from 'Contacts' to the 'sim phone book' or the 'sim card' itself. I had understood that one of the benefits of having a phone device with a 'sim' card was that if your device 'bricked' then you could swap your old sim card into a new device and have all your contacts...intact. 

Well not necessarily so...if you want to 'back-up' your contact on your sim card using only your BB then you must do it one contact at a time, select the contact, menu, options, save to sim card. Then move on to the next contact and repeat. In my case repeat over 300 times :-((((. 

So I went to my service provider and inquired as to a possible shortcut, or 'batch' copy function, and they said the only way to shorten the procedure was to have them do it using an in store device to transfer all my contacts from my phone to the sim card. Which they did, no charge and it only took about 20 minutes. 18 minutes for the kid to figure out how to do it and 2 minutes to complete the transfer :-). 

Jim 

First time BB user. BDM with XP thru Parallels under OS X.6.2. BB v5.0.0.423 (Platform 5.1.0.116).
Please use plain text.