Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
sheenamyr
My Device: BB Bold 9700
My Carrier: Talk and txt

Cant acces the internet eventhough it is connected to wifo already

Pls help me!! I am new to BB and i am having headache on this already. :smileysad: The case is this, this phone is just from the other country and then we open lined this and then now we can insert sim card here for the phil, i can recieve sms and calls. My BIG problem is that even though i am connected to wifi but still there is this message "you are currently on a data plan . ........" I tried so many things to manipulate but then nothing works, it sometimes connects when i restart my phone. But then afterwards, it doesn'nt work again.(most of the time) . I tried to remove my sim card and then it works fine. :smileysad: Another thing is that when i have a load (pre-paid sim) , they deduct load because my DATA SERVICE is ON so whenever i ask the customer care then always tell me to off it. What to do guys?? Thank you for anyone who will drop by and will do some comments, suggestions.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Goose947
My Device: Q10/9900/9790
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Can't access the internet eventhough it is connected to wifo already

Hello

I recommend your next steps are you contact your wireless carrier and request a full understanding of the services you have. Please confirm that you are using BlackBerry Data Services with you wireless service plan. Can you also please reply with the exact error message and the BlackBerry smartphone you are using?

Thank you for posting on the BlackBerry Technical forums.

Goose947

Goose947

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sheenamyr

Re: Can't access the internet eventhough it is connected to wifi already

Actually i already did that twice. But then I got the same answer which is they told me to turn off my data services, where i noticed that when its totally off, i cant use the internet. Am i pointing it right??? I cant remember the exact message at this point in time bcoz i don't have a load, and it works fine,. I can use the blackberry world, facebook and twitter. I will tell you again if ever i have load and then prompts me that again. Another thing, the customer support tells me that its the blackberry who can fix this thing bcoz that is just automatic for them when i open my data services.(that's what i understand based from the call) I just want to clarify some things, i have a talk and txt sim card inserted and i use it for messages and calls. Then, we have internet connection here at home and our modem has WI-FI so there is nothing wrong with the wifi. Its just on the prepaid sim i think.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sheenamyr

here's what it says, "You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application,please connect to a Wi-Fi network or contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan.

so as what i have studied. it really dont connect to an internet if the DATA SERVICES is OFF! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sheenamyr

ooow BTW, i forgot to tell the smartphone i am using, its a BB BOLD 9700 (v6.0.0.448, platform 6.6.0.124)

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

You need BlackBerry data subscription, not the ordinary Supersurf. Please see this link for more about BlackBerry data plan for Talk & Text: http://go.talkntext.ph/internet/article/view/624/

Thanks.

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sheenamyr

Thank you! But then can i just use our wifi at home??
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sheenamyr

Another thing, they automatically deduct a load from me when i have a regular load, even if i don't use the internet connection., thats why the customer care just tell me to turn of my data services.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

[ Edited ]

sheenamyr wrote:
Thank you! But then can i just use our wifi at home??

Yes you can.

sheenamyr wrote:
Another thing, they automatically deduct a load from me when i have a regular load, even if i don't use the internet connection., thats why the customer care just tell me to turn of my data services.

Yes. Because you are using your regular load when your Data Service is ON. If you are not subscribed to any BlackBerry promo, you can switch to OFF. Better use your Wi-Fi at home. 

And also make sure your applications are up to date.

Thanks,.

Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sheenamyr

Aaah okay but then when i always try to off my data sevices, i really can't connect to wifi...
Please use plain text.