Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Change to Vodfone?

Hi all,

I have had my new BB Bold on Orange for all of 2 days and I'm thinking of sending it back in favour of a BB Bold on Vodafone. Does anyone know if Voda are as bad as Orange with the Google Maps issues etc?

Thanks

New Contributor

Re: Change to Vodfone?

A few years ago Orange had a 'reasonable' reputation, but recent experience says it is slipping towards 'cowboy outfit'. Our company phone service is currently with Orange and they will *not* be keeping the business when we upgrade in the next month or so - probably getting Bolds in the process. Quite simply we have had too many problems with failed roaming, mis-selling, customer service staffed by monkeys, dropped connections, cell sites failed and abandoned. If you want to make an analogy to broadband providers (UK) then Orange is rapidly moving into the same class as AOHell or mafia-owned Tiscali - It looks good initially but once you are in contract they have you by the nuts.

Voda is still generally respected, I think the choice for business reliability is between Voda and O2, and I happen to favour O2 for better international support. I was on the phone last week to O2 where the c/s rep said full support for all the RIM features but I've not asked the same questions at Voda.

New Contributor

Thanks for the info Branta. I have had a look on the o2 website for the Bold and there is no info on it so I assume they dont have it yet hence my interest in Voda. As you say Orange have been awful with me mis-selling and misleading me every step of the way. I have submitted my complaint to the ASA for the web article advertising Blackberry / Google maps. At least I am in the 14 day money back period! I hope the Voda rep rings me back today!
New Contributor

DO NOT BUY ON VODA!!!

I have the BB on vodaphone its been about 5 days and i am having lots of problems.

The signal keeps dropping for no apparent reason

The BB Switches off when ever it feels like it

The reception is absolutely rubbish; when i talk on the phone it keeps breaking up

The signal keeps dropping from 3g to gprs to gps everyday when ever it feels like it more than once

So i guess it is the BB fault after all, its common and annoying, so im thinking of giving it back as i have 14days