Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Unitel

Changing the language

I have a Bold 9900 with 3 languages, english arab and spanish, i want  in Portuguese but i cant because the Language aplication dont apear at the desktop software. Can anyone help me?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook 64 Gb and Z10 LE
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Changing the language

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/32608/Add_display_language_61_1601369_11...

If U like my post click on LIKE Smiley Wink
New Contributor

Ok!!

But the problem is that in the applications option in the desktop software the language application doesn´t appear only one option about music.

Highlighted
Developer

U can delete DM and reinstall .. http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop/desktop-pc.html

New Contributor

Already done... Some thing... In the applications there's...

Already done... Some thing... In the applications there's no language option to change...

Developer

Re: Already done... Some thing... In the applications there's...

[ Edited ]

But on Dm .. application U don't have list of languages? check the attachments

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi there

Sorry to interject but language availability depends on what OS pack you have installed on your device , If Desktop Software is not allowing you to add any languages then it can have many causes like if your PC is not connected to internet , you don't have a required OS pack installed on your PC .

If you want to install a language then you can try downloading an ALL language OS pack from your Carrier Site or any other , Who support those languages but if you use any other carrier OS pack then you have to delete two or three VENDOR . XML files . Try those Knowledge Base and see if that helps :

KB13067 : How to obtain language packs for BlackBerry smartphone.

KB05305 : Localization support for BlackBerry Smartphones.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

The problem is that in my DC only appear one application - "Wireless  Music Sync" nothing else

But in the main menu a have to a new upgrade for the phone but when i tried to install when arriving at the 549 of 749 e stops and gives an error... This is a new problem..

Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Arsenioborges wrote:

The problem is that in my DC only appear one application - "Wireless  Music Sync" nothing else

The first line in the list of things to install to the BB (the screen with the tic boxes on the right hand side) should be for the Core OS itself...and that tic box should not be controllable by you. If that is not the first line on that screen, that situation is usually caused by one (or a combination of) the following:

1. You have no OS package for your specific BB installed to your PC
  2. Your PC has no access to the Internet, from which it can fetch what it needs
  3. You have installed an OS package to your PC, but have not deleted the VENDOR.XML file(s) when required
  4. You have more than one OS package installed to your PC

Any of these could be the cause, so I recommend you do this:

1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.

Don't forget to backup!

Good luck and let us know!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
New Contributor

Still without option to change the language!!! Can I download a package whit the language that I want?