Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Already done... Some thing... In the applications there's...

Yes, you can...but you need to carefully READ what has already been provided to you here. Everything you need to accomplish what you desire is already posted here...you need to READ it all, and understand it all. Just replying with something so short does not give us anything by which to help you further...

Getting a language onto your BB is a matter of

1) Choosing the proper OS package (as per the "Localization" KB provided above)

2) Installing that OS package to your PC (as per the instructions above)

3) Installing from your PC to your BB, that OS package, including the specific languages you desire (as per the instructions above)

So far, from what you've now posted, I still cannot tell if you are seeing the correct things on your PC when you conduct the OS loading process. For that matter, I can't tell what OS package you have selected.

So, please re-read everything already provided and, if you are confused, be very very specific with your question...we need to understand what you are seeing, and we have only your words to guide us.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Arsenioborges
My Device: Bold 9900

Thank you for your help.

I have made all the changes that you gave to me. But until now I can't change the language.

The software in the BB 7.0 packet 1346(v7.0.0.261 platform 5.0.0.464

I´eve download the Avoidance os package Version: 7.1.0.2061 

• Applications: 7.1.0.714
  • Software Platform: 5.1.0.532

But that´s not what appear at the BB right?

It seems that the software is not installed at the BB

I dowloaded the installed in the PC after the installation I restart the computer and connect the BB to the PC and open the BB Desktop Software but the software in the BB remains the same as above.

I´m I doing something bad? 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Arsenioborges wrote:

I have made all the changes that you gave to me. But until now I can't change the language.

The software in the BB 7.0 packet 1346(v7.0.0.261 platform 5.0.0.464

You need to re-read the "Localization" KB from above...you've not said anything, in your reporting of the version information, about the language specific portion of the version (e.g., "All Languages", "Multi-Language", etc.). So I've no way to know if the OS your BB is presently running even should have the languages you desire.

Arsenioborges wrote:

I´eve download the Avoidance os package Version: 7.1.0.2061 

• Applications: 7.1.0.714
  • Software Platform: 5.1.0.532

But that´s not what appear at the BB right?

It seems that the software is not installed at the BB

I dowloaded the installed in the PC after the installation I restart the computer and connect the BB to the PC and open the BB Desktop Software but the software in the BB remains the same as above.

I´m I doing something bad? 

Again, you've not said anything about that package either as to the languages it should include for you. So, I still cannot tell if it is even an appropriate package for you based on your needs. The filename of the OS package will include the words necessary to determine, based on that "Localization" KB from above, the languages that should be included in the package.

But, as you say, it's not installing to your BB anyway, since the Desktop Software is not making the offer to you as described. This can be caused by one (or more) of the following:

• You have installed an OS package, to your PC, that is not compatible with your specific BB model number
  • You have more than one OS package installed to your PC
  • You have installed an OS package from a different carrier, but did not carry out the required removal of the VENDOR.XML file(s) as described
  • You have no OS package installed to your PC

There may be more reasons, but those are the usual suspects. If you have installed an OS package to your PC and the Desktop Software is not offering it to you as soon as you start the Desktop Software (before you can choose anything), then one of these reasons is normally the cause.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Arsenioborges
My Device: Bold 9900

I´ve downloaded a multi-language package.

I´ve uninstall all the OS and reinstall the Desktop Software 7.0 again

I looked for all the Vendor in the computer and erased 3

But still nothing...

For example I have a Pearl 9105 that a connected to this computer to see if he had the language application and in the DS I can see and modify the languages because in the applications option he appears...

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hmmm...OK...so,

Arsenioborges wrote:

I´ve downloaded a multi-language package.

What is the exact and complete filename that you downloaded please?

Arsenioborges wrote:

I´ve uninstall all the OS and reinstall the Desktop Software 7.0 again

I looked for all the Vendor in the computer and erased 3

But still nothing...

I'm sorry to be so detailed, but if those are the only steps you took then they are incorrect. The correct steps are exactly as listed in Post 9 above. You can insert the removal of the Desktop Software between steps 1 and 2, but you cannot leave out any that are posted there. And, from your post now, you appear to have done so (left out many important steps). For instance, you said here that you uninstalled the OS packages from your PC, but you did not say that you ever re-installed, to your PC, the OS package you desire to be loaded to your BB (you only said that you reinstalled the Desktop Software). Again, I'm sorry to be so detailed, but we are trying to figure out why this is not working, so I can only go by the exact words you provide and I can make no assumptions at all.

If you are going to remove and reinstall everything on your PC, you may want to review this post:

It provides a process for cleanly starting over, but you can substitute your desired BB OS in step 4, and then stop after step 7 (don't do steps 8 and 9). As part of Step 7, that should then enable the Desktop Software to properly offer you the OS package you have installed to your PC for your 9900. Please do not connect any other device to your PC...only your 9900...connecting other devices may as well be confusing things. We need to keep this clean. I know it can work, but something is preventing it from working, and we need to be very careful and diligent in order to figure out what that is.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates