Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
jspk4177
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Charging/Battery

All of a sudden my BB Bold will not charge. I tried all 3 of my chargers thinking at first I had a bad cord. All 3 where undetected to my Bold. Finally it went dead. I've taken the battery out and tried a hard start, before it died completely. I took it to AT&T and all they told my was I needed a new phone.... They tried nothing..... Could it be I just need a new battery?? I've only had this phone just at a year. Christmas gift last year. I LOVE my BB Bold!! Please Help ~

Thank You :Kiss:

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Charging/Battery

It could be the USB port or the battery...I'd lean toward the USB port. I recommend charging pods so that the USB cable doesn't have to be inserted and removed so many times over the life of the phone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
jspk4177

I did try 3 different USB cords including my car charger..... Still nothing. Any other thoughts?? Or are you thinking its the port itself that the cables plug into on the side of the phone?? And what is a Charging Pod??

Thank you :heart:

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I'm thinking the USB port itself on the device...where you plug the cord into. They are easily damaged.

You plug your charger into the pod then you just set the BB down on the pod to charge. I use these for all my BB devices.

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Bold-Touch-9900-9930-Charging/dp/B006I0E6P6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
jspk4177

I bought a new battery but i will try this Pod also.... News to me really the Pod charging station for BB's.

Thank You :heart:

Guru I
John_Clark

I would use a magnifying glass and look in the port and see if you can see any damage inside there.