Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
dgrover
My Device: Not Specified

Check if on Allowed Data

Just a quick question,.

Im on Optus (AU) that has fre data using BIS, is there a way of checking that any application I load that has web access is using this free data allowance.

Instead of finding out if each program uses this mechanism is there a way of checking the BB if its using that method??

Don

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Check if on Allowed Data

Hi Don.

Optus? *fingers crossed in front of face like evil hex*  :womanwink:

(I'm Telstra support)

ANYWAY, great to see a fellow aussie on here. :womanvery-happy:

Most Blackberry APPs use the BB data network which is free for you. Make sure you are accessing these sites from the 'browser' icon and not the optus supplied icon.

Also, you could call optus and request a WAP barring on the account. This will bar all chargable connections and allow for only the free BB data connections..

:womantongue:

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Check if on Allowed Data

Either the application uses data or it doesn't. If you have an unlimited data plan then you have nothing to worry about. Only thing you would need to concern yourself with is if the application has a monthly subscription (ie. TeleNav).

Please use plain text.