Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
gilbertgoh
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Mobifone

Chinese input cannot be found on OS 7.1 Bundle 1909

I have upgraded to OS 7.1 Bundle 1909 (v7.1.0.658, Platform 5.1.0.485) but there is no Chinese input available. Only English and Spanish.  

I have tried to follow the steps listed in Article ID: KB13067, but all the Device Software available for downloads are in .exe format and I am using a Mac which cannot run .exe files.  So please see my problems below:

1. As mentioned, I am running the Desktop Software on a Mac and I cannot run .exe Device Software files, even though they are labelled Multilanguage.

2. When I try to add the Chinese input using Desktop Manager, under Applications tab, there is no Chinese input to be found for me to add on.

3. When I try to add the Chinese input using my Bold 9900, under Options -> Typing and Input -> Typing, there is no Chinese input to be found for me too add as well.

So please advise how can a MAC USER like me add on Chinese input to my Bold using Desktop Manager.  Thanks and hope to get some replies soon to help me resolve the above problems.  Thanks.

Cheers,
Gilbert Goh (Mr)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gilbertgoh

Re: Chinese input cannot be found on OS 7.1 Bundle 1909

This post has been up for days and no one has a solution to this problem???  Seriously???...

Cheers,
Gilbert Goh (Mr)

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Hello gilbertgoh, 

Welcome to the forums. 

Have a look at this post which will walk you through doing a software update using a Mac, in the post it will cover how to install additional input languages. 

How to update your BlackBerry device software using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gilbertgoh

Thanks for providing the link -SR but I have Desktop Software Manager and can do EVERYTHING listed in the link you have provided. Problem is none allows me to add Chinese input and this is not available in the 1909 build for OS7.1.

What I really want is the downloadable file which can be found under Article ID: KB13067, a .EXE file which can only be ran on Windows, and for the MAC version of this files to be made available for download by Blackberry.  This file is another build of OS7.1 for 9900, which contains Chinese input.

So where can i download the MAC version of this file.  That is my real question.  Please help -SR.

Cheers,
Gilbert Goh (Mr)

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Duplicate:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Chinese-input-on-BB-9900-OS-7-1/m-p/2006603#M...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.