Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Clock as Screensaver

Just got my new Bold and love it much more than I expected.  Upgraded from a Curve.  Wish it weren't on AT&T and still want to check out the Storm as an alternative...  But I digress.

The clock is really cool.  Is there a way to make it the default screensaver?  I know it comes on when the device is charging.  Is there any way to activate it other than a convenience key or selecting it from the menu? 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8310

Re: Clock as Screensaver

Smiley WinkYou can set a convience key as CLOCK.  Then once you hit that key the phone does a "screen saver" type thing that shows the clock.

Go into Settings

Options

Screen/Keyboard

then change the right or left convenience key to say "clock"

Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion, but that really isn't what I was talking about.  I use my convenience keys for more important things; I use Vlingo, which requires a convenience key, and I use the other to switch into messages.

I want the equivalent of a screensaver... 

New Contributor

Hi was reading your post and saw Vlingo! Never heard of it went and looked it up and it sounds awesome! Downloading it now thanks. It does work on the bold I assume it is having a hard time downloading
Contributor

Its awesome, and I am using it on the Bold.  Had no trouble downloading or installing it.  What is happening?
Contributor

Oh Yeah i really like the Clock too. I also want to know whether we can set up clock as a screen saver. You know after you lock the handheld, i want the clock to appear.
Contributor

Probably isn't possible, but I moved the clock app to the first row of apps on the home page, so I can activate it at any time.  And at night, when the Bold is charging, the Clock is automatically on.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I would like to have the ability to change the clock color such as red, amber, blue, etc. Right now, it is default to display in white.

Ken

New Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Vodacom

I also want the clock to come on and stay on the display all night without timing out and then to have the option to make the LED clock display be red instead so that it is visible, but doesn't glare like the white. Plse someone helo