Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: blackberry bold 9790
My Carrier: Airtel

Complain on Blackberry Bold 5 - 9790

[ Edited ]

To Whomsoever it may concern,

I have been a blackberry phone user for the last 5 years.

I had just bought a blackberry Bold 5 – 9790 for Rs. 26000 (465 USD), which was the best phone available in April 2012 in India.

The phone screen started giving me problems from day 1 and was sent for checking after which the problem had been resolved. The phone battery does not last for more than 6 hours and today while using the phone with a little bit of extra pressure while putting a new screen guard the phone screen has cracked.

I am extremely disappointed after spending so much money and buying such an expensive phone to deal with the above issues.

I request for your support to resolve this issue on a priority basis.

Phone Details:

Removed personal information to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

Thanks and Regards

Tanmaye Seth

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Complain on Blackberry Bold 5 - 9790

Hello and Welcome to the Community!

We are so sorry that you are having so many difficulties. While many experience the same (a search here will reveal that fact), there are also many who have very positive experiences with their BB. Not every device is suitable for everyone -- which IMHO is why there are so many choices.

In regards to your hope that RIM will see your message -- these forums are a user-to-user support channel, not a user-to/from-RIM formal conduit. As such, it is unlikely that they will see what you have written. However, if you have specific and constructive ideas for them, I have heard that they accept such via email to bbsuggestions@rim.com.

Front line support for BB's is, by contract, not provided by RIM. The carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers are responsible for ALL front line formal support to their end users, and have the ability (indeed, responsibility!) to escalate cases into RIM that they cannot solve (at no fee to the end user). It is possible to bypass your carrier and seek assistance direct from RIM, but such involves fees since you are bypassing your support contract with your carrier. You can research "Incident Support" here:

If you desire to ask other kind volunteers for specific assistance about how to get the most use out of your BB, then this forum would indeed be the correct place for that.

Good luck!

Special through 31-Oct-2015 -- 10% Discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Complain on Blackberry Bold 5 - 9790

Its a smart move to not be availably to customer complaints when putting a product on the market which is failing in every way.

I was a huge blackberry fan, resisted to cross to Iphone for a long time but since I got the BOLD 9790 I'm highly dissapointed. The phone should be like a $100 and then would still be a rip off. It has so many flaws that its almost better to get the first NOKIA in black and white. At least that one had a battery that lasted a day.

Battery life

Plastic screen

E-mail defect in a large number of Bold 9790 (duplicates the text in your e-mail) so its impossible to send business mails from your phone without coming accross as a retard.

Camera is not that good.

So again, what were the features on the new blackberry that were positive again? cause I can't find any.

BB has to come out with a great new model very soon or they'll lose many customers.