Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Configuring Bluetooth on Desktop Manager

I have been having problems configuring my bluetooth to work with the desktop manager.  I have successfully paired my phone with my computer but when i go to connection options on the desktop manager the bluetooth options are grayed out.  How do fix this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Configuring Bluetooth on Desktop Manager

Please read this link

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04132&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

Thanks for the response.  I had read that page before.  Correct me if im wrong, but it is my understanding that the bluetooth adapter that i have has to be whql certified to use the microsoft bluetooth software.  My adapter is not on that list.  Is there any way around this.  I actually tried to uninstall the WIDCOMM but when i restarted the Microsoft Bluetooth did not pick up my adapter.  I am using a dell inspiron e1505 with a Dell Wireless 355 Module with Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR Technology.  Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

I am having the exact same problem, and have worked with MS, Broadcom, Dell and BB technicians, and have come to the conclusion that I will have to live with the cable.  If someone comes up with a solution I would appreciate knowing what it is.  I keep getting the information that I have to remove the drivers and replace with xp service pk 2 drivers, but so far that has not worked either, reloads older drivers than I had. Probably inbedded in the hardware.  May have to buy a new USB Bluetooth device.