Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
brendanf
My Device: Not Specified

Connecting as Modem and using phone at the same time?

Hi - I have read Blackberry Knowledge Base Doc KB05196 on how to set up the Bold as a Modem but I also want to use the phone to make and receive calls at the same time - is this possible? I will be using the Optus 3G network in Australia so bandwidth should not be a problem.

It's important functionality for me because I travel outside major towns frequently and Wi-fi is not always available while 3G is - Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Connecting as Modem and using phone at the same time?

3G network is capable of handling both browsing and voice calls at the same time. In that perspective you should be able to use both...same time!

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brendanf
My Device: Not Specified

thanks tanzim - look forward to giving it a go.  Out of interest does anyone know when the Bold will be available in AU.  It was slated for release 2 weeks ago but no retailer I speak to seems to know when it's going to arrive!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Optus said the Bold would be available from 20 August, for AU$10 per month over 24 months in conjunction with the BlackBerry AU$79 cap plan.

Vodafone has not released pricing on either the handset or the data plans.

Telstra said it would be offering the Bold from late September, but did not disclose pricing.

Source: http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/hardware/soa/BlackBerry-Bold-lands-in-Australia/0,130061702,339290911,00.htm

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.