Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

Constant Rebooting after software upgrade

I upgraded my 9900 but since then, it hasnt stopped rebooting. its been over 3hrs of constant rebooting. I tried removing the battery it kept rebooting. At one stage it went back to the "backing up data" screen and re-backed everything up. Note that I did the upgrade on the device without using the desktop.

What the heck is going on? I dont know how much longer i can live without a phone.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Constant Rebooting after software upgrade

Plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Once your phone has been recognized by the software, it might tell you to reload your OS.  If it does, that's a good thing, so go ahead and do it.  If it doesn't, you might have to take the initiative and reload the OS without being prompted.  To do so, click Device at the top of the software then Restore after that.

However, if you can't even connect to BDS, have a look at this article:

Give that a try and post back with your results.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.