Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Merkaba
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: MTN
Accepted Solution

Contact pictures don't sync with Facebook app.

I've just gotten a Bold 9700 and noticed that even though I have the option to sync the profile pictures of my friends with my contacts profiles on the phone, the pictures for my phone contacts remain blank.  The Facebook profiles are linked to my contacts and sometimes will show the Facebook profile picture but after a while the picture reverts to a blank icon again.  I've also unselected the option to sync and re-enabled the option to update Blackberry contacts with my Facebook contacts to try and force the pictures to update but no success.

I was thinking that it might also be because of a conflict wiyth other apps trying to update the contact pictures seeing as I originally imported all my contatcs from my Gmail account but I am unable to figure out which other apps, if any, are updating contact pics and thereby turn them off.

Blackberry contacts linked to a LinkedIn profile show their LinkedIn profile pics correctly though and other than that I only have BB Messenger, GTalk, Windows Live Messenger and Facebook that are linked to my Blackberry contacts.

Any ideas on how I can get my contacts' pictures to sync correctly with Facebook?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Contact pictures don't sync with Facebook app.

Make sure you're using the latest version of the OS you can find for the device:

This version is good:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9700-series-discussion-bold-2/223354-latest-os-9700-5-0-0-99...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Visitor
Hu1_L1ng
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Contact pictures don't sync with Facebook app.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
icecool
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: vodacom SA

Contact pictures don't sync with Facebook app.

BLACKBERRY BOLD 9700 and FACEBOOK APP WONT SYNC with CONTACTS on PHONE!

I'm trying to sync my facebook contacts to my phone Bold 9700 and its not working. I have a list of 1300 numbers and email addresses on my phone. I installed the facebook app and tried to sync my contacts. I have changed all the settings: Under FACEBOOK OPTIONS

Connect your Facebook Account with:

Blackberry Messanger

Status connected

Facebook has full access to BBM

“BBM Settings”

Ticked: Share my Blackberry PIN with Facebook Profile

Ticked: Blackberry Calendar Application

Ticked: Add Birthdays

Ticked: Birthday Reminders

Ticked: Events

Ticked: Blackberry Messages Application

Ticked: Blackberry Contact application