Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

Contact your service provider to make sure your phone has been authorized for use on the network

Hi,

I'm currently facing some issue with my BB Bold 9900.

Since now a month, i can't receive nor place phone calls + can't receive nor send SMS/MMS. However, i can still receive/send emails & access to the web.

For the information, my BB is a brand new one (the former went to reparation for the 3rd times in less than 10 months so i got it exchanged). Moreover the SIM card is also a new one as my carrier thought it could have been the source of the problem.

Have you ever encountered such issue with your BB? How did you manage to fix it and WHO?

After several calls to my carrier's Customer Service, it has turned out that they never had such problem & that it should come from RIM..

It's my 4th BB to date & I must say it is not the 1st time that i'm litteraly wasting hours to get it work correctly..

Any help would be really appreciated - from both comminity or people from RIM!

Thanks in advance,

Xavier

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Contact your service provider to make sure your phone has been authorized for use on the network

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Your situation is very odd indeed...but I fear your carrier may have not provided you with 100% of the service for which they are responsible to provide. You see, this forum is not a channel for any formal support from BlackBerry for anything at all. If an issue requires formal attention from BlackBerry, your carrier is required to escalate your case, and provide you with specific information about the escalation (e.g., case number, call-back number, etc.). But, to simply tell you to come to a public user-to-user forum and expect anything at all formally from BlackBerry was, sadly, just fobbing you off...for that is totally contradictory to what they are contractually required to provide you with.

So I recommend that you ring them back up...but this time don't let them fob you off. Consider -- you PAY them, not BlackBerry, for 100% of your services and 100% of your service-related support. Right now, they seem to be delivering neither to you. Ring them back up and insist on formal and proper escalation to BlackBerry if such is required.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Visitor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: 9900

Re: Contact your service provider to make sure your phone has been authorized for use on the network

yes