Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
km790062
My Device: Bold 9900

Contacts' Call history remains empty

Since a few weeks my incoming and outcoming calls are visible only in the general phone call history. If I ask to view the call history of a specific contact the activity is registered only until two weeks ago. Contacts with recent activity only have the call history empty. Also in the contacts' recent activity (at the bottom of the contact details) I find only messages ecc. but no recent call history, only calls of more than 2 weeks ago are in there. Any suggestion anyone? 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Contacts' Call history remains empty

Hi and Welcome to the Community...and apologies for the delayed reply!

Hopefully you already have this sorted, but just in case...

Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
km790062

In this case the reboot doesn't resolve the problem.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...then what happened just before this behavior started? An update? A new app? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest thing could be causal...and attempt to undo that to see if the behavior returns to normal.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
km790062

I may have updated an app that I installed a few weeks before (Backup Call Logs by Ajani InfoTech Private Limited). The app, when I first installed it didn't create any conflicts, so I didn't suspect that it would do now. Anyway, I kind of refused to disinstall the application to do a test because I desperately need the function of this app (and it was not free of charge).

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...well that's your decision. Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
km790062

So you are convinced that this app is the cause of the problem?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

At an internet distance and with limited information, it's impossible for me to be convinced 100% about anything. All I can provide you with is possibilities...it is up to you to decide whether or not to test out those possibilities to determine if any are indeed accurate.

For instance, if you were to remove that app, batt-pull reboot your BB, and the behavior clears up, then you know that the app is the cause. But, if the behavior does not clear up, then the app MIGHT not be causal (this can't be 100%, just in case the OS was corrupted by the app; that corruption would not be cleansed by simply removing the app, but would require an OS reload to cure).

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
km790062

ok thanks. At this point I will first see it with the app supplier and then do some tests.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Excellent. I'm sure that the other participants in this user-to-user community will be very glad to see your results!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates