Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
hazoury
My Device: bold 9790 Z10 Q10

Contacts Sync with Gmail account

my contacts are registered under my gmail account and when i save on my BB bold 9790 they are not being Sync with gmail account. can someone help please.

Thank you

Henry

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Contacts Sync with Gmail account

Hi hazoury

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Please Check Those Knowledge Base to resolve your issue :

KB19269 : What is Google Mail Contact Synhronization 

KB22430 : How to enable or disable wireless contact synchronization with BlackBerry Internet Service

I hope it contain all the information you need.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
hazoury

I have done all what is required in regards of the following KB but unfortunately anything I add on the contacts or the calendar does not reflect on my gmail account. :smileysad:

KB22430 : How to enable wireless contact synchronization with BlackBerry Internet Service.

Your support is required because I am a huge fan of BB and it is annoying me 

Elite II
prince2012

Hi hazoury

There are no such other settings  then those mentioned on that KB, On your device Go to Setup > Email Account > Click on your Gmail Account > Under Sync make sure Contact is Marked or Checked . Also On your Homescreen Open your Address Book > Press the menu Key > Under Contact List are you able to see your Gmail account ,click on it and on that screen also be sure that Wireless Synchronization is Marked Or Checked .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
hazoury

Hi Again,

I agree with you that there is no other settings but the problem is that I am still not being able to sync my Contacts and Calendar to my Gmail account knowing that, they are getting saved on the phone but not reflected on my gmail account.

Your Kind support if Possible.

Today I have sent my BB to the service center so they can reset my device and restore my contacts back to my BB hoping that it will solve my issue, unfortunately it didn't.

Kind regards,

New Contributor
hazoury

Hi Again,

is there any command to push for a sync?

Kind regards,

Elite II
prince2012

Hi hazoury

On your device Go to Options > Device > Advanced System Setting > Default Services > Make sure your Gmail account is set as Default > If not then change it and Save the changes.

If problem still persist then delete and readd you Gmail account on your device , Once it is done try those steps in a sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Resend your Service Book

• KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration Message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back

After receiving all registration message see if your Contact sync with your Gmail account .

New Contributor
hazoury

Dear Prince,

when you say "Make sure your Gmail account is set as Default > " kindly can you define which one should i configure because there is 3 areas to configure:

Calendar (CICAL)

Contact List (SYNC)

Messaging (CMIME)

your kind support please.

Kind regards,

Elite II
prince2012

Hi hazoury

When you set your Gmail account as default then all should be configured (  CICAL, SYNC , CMIME ). For all set your Gmail account as default.

New Contributor
hazoury

Dear Prince,

Thank you very Much for your support, the best solution was to remove the gmail and re added again. i do appreciate your Kind support. It has been for more than 3 weeks working on it. 

Once again Thank YOU 

Henry