Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Contacts are sorted by title, not by first name.

Good day to everybody, I recently got 2 Bold 9000(version 4.6.0.162)and I am amazed with their capabilities. However, I have faced the same issue in both units. When I add a contact, it gets sorted by title, even though in the settings it is programmed to sort by first name. If I set it to sort by last name it seems to work; however, the title follows the last name before the first name. Again it doesn't seem right. Same thing happens when I sort by company.

I have tried rebooting it, taking the battery out but nothing. If I leave the title blank everything seems to work right. 

Thank you in advance.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Contacts are sorted by title, not by first name.

Welcome to the BlackBerry Community Forum!

To resolve it go to Address Book -> Options -> General Options -> Sort By: First Name

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Thank you for your quick response. As I mentioned, it is already set to sort by first name. However, it sorts by title.

Thank you in advance.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Ok...I got your point...

Sorry to say there is no remady to this...unless you remove the titles before each name.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Contacts - How to install in my new Bold 9000 form a word / excel.doc

Hi ,

Love the forum. Thanks

The moto razr sim card could not be transferred to my new Bold 9000. I have 2 options -to hand type all 250 of these contacts or can I upload tothe new 9000 from a word doc. using any BB9000 desktop menus ? Please advice.

I truly appreciate any sugesstions

thank you

simsan

New Contributor

Thanks for your prompt response. I hope the development team takes this issue under consideration. They shouldn't have a problem solving it.