Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: airtel

Contacts backup

[ Edited ]

I was using Blackberry Bold 9900 with Airtel number +919(personal info removed). This cell phone was stollen. Now I am using Blackberry Bold 9790. Can I have my contacts restored back with this phone. Kindly guide and do the needful. Regards.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Contacts backup

Hi shirishdabhdae

Welcome to the Community

Sorry for your  lose. Regarding restoration of your data it depends, If you have your previous backup or if your had used BlackBerry protect  on your previous device then yes you can restore it back to your new device.But if you had not done anyone of the above then I am sorry you cannot get them back.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Developer
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: vodafone

did you take a full backup or a backup for you contacts ??
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

As previously suggested, you can restore your old backup (if you have one) to your new BB. If you are having troubles doing this for some reason, you can also use a 3rd party app that can get your contacts off the backup. Try Blackberry Backup Extractor, it can extract the contacts for you and you can just transfer them to your new device via Google Sync later on.