Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790

Contacts from old BB to new Bold 9790

I have recently got a new BB Bold 9790 and new sim card (new contract), however I still have my old BB Curve 8520 with old sim.

I am wanting to move all my contact from my 8520 to my new 9790...... sounds simple.....

When I use the Switch devices feature in BB desktop software it brings everything across to the new phone (txt msgs, call history etc) apart from contacts! This is decribed to me in step by step instructions on this site but the last step is to move your old sim over. This I can not do as I have a new contract and the old sim will be invalid in a few days.

I know I can import my contacts from my old sim but most of my contact are on the old phone memory,

Please help?

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: Contacts from old BB to new Bold 9790

Connect your 8520 to desktop software and do a backup, then remove and connect your 9790. Go to 'restore' and click on 'select device data and settings' then choose 'address-book all'.

This should move them over.
New Contributor

I would do but this option is greyed out...............

Contributor

Which option is greyed out exactly?
New Contributor

I Select 'Select Device Data and Settings'. Below this the option for 'Address Book - all' is greyed out (showing 101 entries)

I notice that most are. Things like SMS Messages are not however.

Contributor

Open address book on your BB and click options. Then choose the email address with your contacts. Click on that and make sure wireless synchronization is turned off (or unchecked). Try reconnecting to desktop software.
New Contributor

When I open address book on my old BB and select options I get the following options General Options or default, If i select default the Wireless Synch is set to not available.

I do not understand what you mean Then choose the email address with your contacts.