Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Contacts not showing up, but are saved on my phone!!!

Again, specifically what does it show on that screen. replace your email address with ****

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pooja6
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

[ Edited ]

IT shows this. I SENT YOU A PICTURE.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

OK, I see now... I thought you might have an IT Policy on the device. I don't think what that screen shows is an IT Policy, but it could be related to your hotmail account.

But wireless contact synchronization is not available with an 8520 device on OS5. Only works on OS6 and 7

I really don't know what's happening here on your device. I will keep thinking.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pooja6

asa i configured my email on mty device, since then its creating a problem.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pooja6

[ Edited ]

And this is what it shows on my contact options.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pooja6

munch_2012_07_17_211942.pngAlso when i connect my phone to the desktop  manager , In ADvance settings it shows Addressbook but it doesnt show in my phone . ?? why ?? are my ontacts deleted ?

Please use plain text.
ManTyag
My Device: 8520

Hello folks, I have an official blackberry from my employer for many years which I use primarily for enterprise email, but because of extensive use I end up roughing out my blackberry and change the handsets every two years or so .. my contacts info is the most critical at all times, so I back up the previous ones, restore data in new device and then wipe out the old one completely to avoid any misuse.

This time when I changed handset , did the same process but strangely I realized in a day that I COULD NOT FIND A LARGE NUMBER OF CONTACTS IN THE BLACKBERRY DEVICE ADDRESS BOOK, BUT WHEN THE PERSON WOULD CALL ME THERE NAME WOULD APPEAR IN THE CALL LOG AFTERWARDS ! Seemed crazy and I could not figure out.  Googled many pages and countless forums but always found unsatisfactory answers / countless loops to the problem so once I finally found a cure, its my duty to share back J

1. Most likely the problem is that when you restored your backup IPD file , a large number of entries were only partially restored because you (like me) blindly selected “update all” instead of selecting the items to restore. Also some of your contacts got restored because of wireless sync so it was not aas if you got nothing, but you never realized where other ones went .. now the solution – simple steps :

A)     Take your device – and SWITCH OFF the automatic and wireless reconciliation for the key areas – it’s a very simple process – see it here : see article KB04976.

(http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB04976&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

B)      Connect your phone to laptop , turn on desktop manager – then select restore and select the same IPD file which you had from the old phone in your latpop– but this time select it and select option of “Select the areas I want to restore” – new the address book option should NOT be grayed out—so select it .. and btw .. YOU can simply do the same  as restore on the handset – you not need to wipe the new handset or anything ..

C)      after you are done.. simply uplug and undo the step you did it in step A ( turn on your wireless reconcile for everything and there you go )

The above would solve the problem for most of you (just like it worked for me) but just in case not then please see for other option Article ID: KB04461

(http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=C949E4229DFCDE0F9F7F7C85EDE5094D?...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smokeyrayray
My Device: blackberry 9315
My Carrier: giffgaff

Hi there,

I did all that was mentioned in the guideline to switch off the wireless thing but I do not have the option of wireless on my phone when I went to OPTION. It only displayed GENERAL OPTIONS and RECENT ACTIVITY, then at the bottom it had CONTACT LIST and a sub heading under called DEFAULT. Those were my options. Also all my numbers in my contact list have been replaced with my email addresses from my Outlook email. When people call me I cannot see the names but the numbers only. Then in my call log it has their name and number.

Smokeyrayray
Please use plain text.
ManTyag
My Device: 8520

Hi there Smokeray 

where you see the general options ..and then contact list below.. just scroll over on the main contact list and select (pres the centre key) ,. you will see the option for wireless reconciliation.. turn it off from there. 

Try it and come back if you dont see it working 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smokeyrayray
My Device: blackberry 9315
My Carrier: giffgaff

Hi there,

The contact list is greyed out so it cannot be selected. So I am unable to do what you asked.

Smokeyrayray
Please use plain text.