Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
EKTNG
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Contacts not showing up, but are saved on my phone!!!

Basically none of my contacts are showing up on my contact list, they seemed to have all been deleted! Also I am not using any filters. As well as this, all my text messages have no contact names assigned to them, just their number. However in my call log, my contacts names come up... And when I click on view contact through the call log, the contact's details all come up!!! For example, one of my contacts, John, is saved on my call log and when I click on view contact through the call log, his address and number comes up, so it is saved. However when he calls, his name doesnt come up...

So I'm assuming my contacts are saved on my phone somewhere, but they dont seem to come up on my contact list or text messages!! I recently added my gmail account to my Blackberry... does this have anything to do with my problem?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,930
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Contacts not showing up, but are saved on my phone!!!

On your device, go to Options > Status > press the Menu key > Database Sizes.

Scroll through to Address Book Data, what are the numbers there, it will look something like "546/89k" if you have contacts, or "0/0k" if not.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
EKTNG

It says 1/0.2k... but it says after address book my gmail email address... does this mean it is using my gmail contacts? I dont have any atm since I recently only just opened up the account...

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Sith_Apprentice
My Device: various

Sounds like your address book got cleared out. New phone calls from your contacts show as only the number correct? Or does it still show the name? Clear our your call log and see if they come in as a name or number.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the Star on the left of their post.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Do this, OPen your Address Book > press Menu > Options > You should see "General Options" and Contact Lists "Default".

Do you also have a Gmail account contacts list?

Read this: 

KB19269 What is Google Mail contact synchronization

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
EKTNG

Yeah I have a Gmail account on my contact lists...

Please use plain text.
JSanders

You can select that Gmail contact list to view your contacts.

Or, you can do a backup of your device, and then disable the Gmail contacts sync, and then restore the Address Book back to your default or main contacts.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
EKTNG

[ Edited ]

How do I backup my device?! I have tried disabling the sync, but the contacts still dont show up. Do I need to restore the address book? If so, how do I do this?

Please use plain text.
ehwire
My Device: 9700

I have empty space above the contact list. It has something to do with wireless email sync. I had to delete and readd my gmail and (stupidly) clicked sync, then spent two frustrating days unable to view my address book, until deleting the gmail sync service book... now I can see them, but theres a bunch of empty ones above it

When I go to options under contact lists it doesn't say Default anymore, only gmail.

Oh yeah and I have an uncaught exception at start up and went through all the address book module permissions... I need some new ideas, and would rather not resort to an os reinstall.

Please use plain text.
chiragdagli81
My Device: Not Specified

Hi, I have the eaxact same problem and when i checked Options > Status > Database Size it shows 893/92 Kbs.  

Cant see these contacts in Phone book. 

Please help! 

Please use plain text.