Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

osrodriguez
My Device: Not Specified

Corrupt internal memory?

I've lost my pics and music.  The drive appears in Explorer but the folder names are scrambled and I can't get in them.  Is there a way to format the internal memory and start fresh?  Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Corrupt internal memory?

You can format your media card straight from your device. To do so perform the below -

1. Options
  2. Memory
  3. click Menu and select Format

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
boogerman
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: mtc

Neither format or repair will work. Did complete security wipe, and tried again - still says internal memory corrupt, try repair [yes / no]? There's got to be some tool to fix this, no?
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
craigashy
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Orange/EE. UK

if the security wipe didn't help and formatting doesn't either, then try a full software reload
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
boogerman

Hi Craig,

Thanks for this - sounded good. I must add I have a Torch... and updating it was no sinch. Two days later and I have updated it - and downgraded it again - and the error is still there. I can not access the 'device memory'. Another side effect - I can no longer open docs-to-go docs. I suspect this is a direct cause of the internal memory.

Does anyone know if this memory can be changed? Or is that it? Is the phone cactus?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
boogerman

I've sorted it! W00T!!!

This is for those who might have run into the same problem:

First, forget the BB repair or format - it won't help you.

Connect the BB to the computer in USB storage mode. I did this a few times before, but it just hangs the computer with a 'non-lettered' drive and hour glass. Diskpart and Disk Management just appear to hang.

The trick was patience! In Disk Manager, I waited 15 minutes (no lie) before it opened and enumerated my disks. 'H:' was the BB removal microSD, and there was a disk 'I:' of type RAW with size 3.56GB. This is the flusser!

Format it type FAT32 and you're done.

When I disconnected from the PC, the BB was in 'stupid mode' for about 5 minutes (slow and popping the 'wait watch' every 5 seconds) and then it came right.

Options -> Device -> Storage now shows 'Device Memory' at a spritsy 3.5GB.

And guess what??? My docs-to-go now open again!!!

Why oh why all the silence BB forums? One of the RIM gurus will know exactly what I'm talking about above - but nought - nothing! Had to bash away at it myself. Same like thousands of others.

RIM and BB is losing ground quickly and helping ppl is one way of keeping them.

But instead it seems the uphill is the service you get instead.

Please use plain text.