Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
raosk
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Cracked Screen, Touchscreen Not Working

Hello everyone,
Only about 2 days ago I bought a new Blackberry Bold 9900 with Virgin Mobile and unfortunately I had it resting on a table when a dart landed on top of the screen while I was away. Sadly, now the screen is cracked in the upper left area and the touchscreen is completely irresponsive. I can still see everything on the screen and manuever using the buttons. Along with this, when I run my hand across the crack, I cannot even feel it, so the crack seems to be under the initial protective coating. I know it is highly unlikely that I can get this problem resolved with the basic one year warranty, but is it possible to even get this fixed for a reasonable price? This is my first phone and it is very unfortunate that something like this would happen so quickly.
I would appreciate and help and tips that could be provided. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hmeah
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T Mobile

Re: Cracked Screen, Touchscreen Not Working

hi, ive managed to do the same, my screen is cracked in the corner, crack is getting bigger as days go by, can use phone but touchscreen not functioning right, did you manage to get your screen sorted? how?

much appreciate your feedback/help.

thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raosk
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

You can take it to a cellphone repair place and they should be able to replace just the screen. It might run you about a $100 though.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thecleanser
My Device: Not Specified

I too have the same problem - did you ever get yours fixed and if so how? I'm thinkin about ordering a new screen online and installing my self.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amelia-
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: virgin

again the same thing happened and im really annoyed please help

Please use plain text.