Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
jwan0514
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Koodo

Crashed Problem Bold 9900

Hi,

I am a big fan of Blackberry cell phones for years, and recently just got a Bold 9900 for two weeks and it just got crashed for no reason.

After I updated and installed all the apps I want, I reboot the system. However, either the red LED light didn't turn on or the rebooting Blackscreen didn't appear. When I saw this I knew it was something unusual. Because when I used to reboot my Curve 9360, the red LED light was on for a second then off before the "Blackberry" screen was shown while rebooting. This time Bold 9900 seems to crash without any reaction at all.

I then took off the battery and USB connected the phone to my laptop, which has neither shown any sign of USB connection (so failed to connect). I also tried to USB connect to my laptop with input of battery, the phone was still no reaction at all.

I then searched and looked up online, surprisely I found there are so many cases with very similar problem on Bold 9900. However, there was no solid answers convinced that was the solution of my problem.

After all, I am quite disappointed to the crashed of my Bold 9900, which is the shortest life ever among those phones I have got. I really wished this is a temporary crashed. I wonder if there is a proper solution procedures I can follow to resolve this problem. I would greatly appreciate if this problem can be solved.

Jeff 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Crashed Problem Bold 9900

jwan0514 wrote:

Hi,

I am a big fan of Blackberry cell phones for years, and recently just got a Bold 9900 for two weeks and it just got crashed for no reason.

After I updated and installed all the apps I want, I reboot the system. However, either the red LED light didn't turn on or the rebooting Blackscreen didn't appear. When I saw this I knew it was something unusual. Because when I used to reboot my Curve 9360, the red LED light was on for a second then off before the "Blackberry" screen was shown while rebooting. This time Bold 9900 seems to crash without any reaction at all.

I then took off the battery and USB connected the phone to my laptop, which has neither shown any sign of USB connection (so failed to connect). I also tried to USB connect to my laptop with input of battery, the phone was still no reaction at all.

I then searched and looked up online, surprisely I found there are so many cases with very similar problem on Bold 9900. However, there was no solid answers convinced that was the solution of my problem.

After all, I am quite disappointed to the crashed of my Bold 9900, which is the shortest life ever among those phones I have got. I really wished this is a temporary crashed. I wonder if there is a proper solution procedures I can follow to resolve this problem. I would greatly appreciate if this problem can be solved.

Jeff 

Hi and welcome to the forums!

You can reload the device OS using the "force detect" procedure listed below.

I'm not sure what caused the failure especially after installing apps whatever the cause at least it can be repaired. If you have a recent backup you can reload your settings and personal data. You can use Blackberry Protect as well,

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jwan0514
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: Crashed Problem Bold 9900

Hi Bifocals, thanks for your advice.
I have tried force detection on my Bold 9900; however everytime it failed at middle of rebooting procedure.

I never had any issue with Curve 9360 but quite disappointed on all these just happened to Bold 9900.
Please use plain text.