Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Regular Contributor
paul7876
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

DM 5.0 keeps running in the same updates

Hi everyone,

I'm running DM 5.0 with OS .247.
Every time I connect, DM keeps bringing up updates for '4.6 core applications'. Every time I let it run the update, then next time it brings them up again. Its a pain because I can't install anything else without this happening.
I've tried downgrading and re-upgrading the OS on the Bold, I've wiped the Bold and run in the updates straight after the wipe, and I've tried setting 'Erase 3rd party apps' and 'Erase app data'.
Every time it did this, I used to get an app error 200 but not anymore.
I'm thinking of downgrading DM back to 4.7. Has anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks,

Paul
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: DM 5.0 keeps running in the same updates

Paul, I've had it happen to me as well, on DM 4.5 and 4.6. It's not the release of 5.0.

You likely have some language module that App Loader so badly wants to update, just hit cancel. 

It'll bug you, but probably less time spent hitting cancel than other things you can do. At some point soon you'll upgrade your device OS and all that will likely be fixed.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

For me this has been happening since DM 4.5. I'm just use to cancelling when that screen comes up. Even after running through the update a few times it still always appears for me
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
paul7876

Hi,

Thank you both for your replies.

The problem is, its not just when I first plug the Bold in.

If I select the Application Loader to install any other program, it comes up then too.

So far, the only way I can see around this is to Cancel the initial message as you suggest, then use Loader for installing any other programs.

Paul

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Right, that's what we're suggesting. Actually try running the loader.exe file directly.  Navigate to the following location using Windows Explorer: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and double click the loader.exe file. This should take you directly into the wizard to install/uninstall a program. If that works for you you can create a shortcut to that file on your Desktop to save you a few steps. hope that helps.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
paul7876

Hi,

Thats exactly what I've done. It is a bit of a pain but at least the BB isn't throwing up the app error 200 any more, so I've no reason to think theres anything wrong with the device itself.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

Paul

Please use plain text.