Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700

DOnt know how to connect to Wifi

ive went to the wifi setting properties. then, the problem comes after i selected "scan for network" and selected my wifi network name. then, it requested me to insert a PIN into my router. how do i do that? 

p/s : my router setting is WEP and it stated that my router supports wifi protected setup.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: DOnt know how to connect to Wifi

Instead of scanning for your wifi, click on Manually Add Network.

Then type in the SSIC (the name of your wifi network.)  Make sure it matches your network SSID exactly as it's case sensitive. 

Then choose the type of security and add the wep key. 

You should then be able to connect.

The pin your device is asking for has to do with the wireless settings on your router.  Manually adding the SSID bypasses this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700

thanx john clark,

it realy helps..

actually, i found out that instead of inserting the PIN into the router, i can just skip the step and continue selecting the network.sorry for the hastle and thak u again 

=)

Developer
My Device: Android HTC One X

On my 9700 you can bypass this by moving the focus to the Cancel button, and then pressing the menu button.

This is not documented anywhere.

RIM should have kicked the bucket a long time ago.