Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
lakhs1991
My Device: BOLD 9780

Data Charges in my Blackberry 9780

[ Edited ]

Dear Sir/Madam

I am Lakshmi Narasimhan, my blackerry mobile Bold 9780 is giving me problems with the internet usage recently I have activated BSS 299 plan for my blackberry phone under the Idea Network. Some of my internet applications are always connected to the internet and i continuously incurr balance deductions from my service provider. I have mailed them many times but they are giving stupid replies. I have lost  more money and my balance comes to nil. I cant block the data access as i have activated BSS service and Iam using it.

Kindly provide me a solution to get rid of this problem.

Removed personal information to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Data Charges in my Blackberry 9780

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

All billing issues and questions are a matter between you and your provider. This user-to-user site is not a channel for escalating from your provider...rather, if you need formal help that they cannot provide, then they are required to escalate your case via formal channels up to BlackBerry for enhanced assistance. But, you have no free path by which to bypass your carrier in this matter...such is the nature of your contract with them.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
lakhs1991
My Device: BOLD 9780

Re: Data Charges in my Blackberry 9780

Sir,

From the usage of the BIS I understood that third party app uses Mobile Network's internet first and then moves into BIS. This is totally ridiculous. Blackberry services has to tie up with the mobile service provided to make sure that the user is not charged for any internet data usage as long as he is in the plan. 

Next time try to post a relevant answer for the querry.

Thank you