10-13-2012 06:25 AM
Hi Support Team,
I have just had my phone returned after repair by o2
Although I am able to use the browser fine, When I try to set up email it just keeps saying not connected to server. When I try to use the FB app it says that I'm not on a data plan which allows me to do so and to contact service provider, and BBM is not functioning either.
I have contacted o2 and they have confirmed that I do have the correct data plan. I have also followed the steps in registering to the Host Routing table and this hasn't made a difference.
PLEEEEEEEEASE HELP!!! This is the second blackberry I've had in the past week because the last one did exactly the same and the staff at the o2 shop couldn't fix it.
10-13-2012 09:20 AM
Please try this FIRST, using your BlackBerry browser...
• Go to mobile.blackberry.com OR to www.blackberry.com/integrate
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.
If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.
If not, follow these additional instructions:
2) Register HRT: (OS5) Home Screen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scroll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.
3) Resend Service Books: Article ID: KB02830 How to send the service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830
4) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.
5) Now, return to the 1) mobile.blackberry.com email setup as mentioned above and follow that.
Hopefully that will get things going again for you!
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code