Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
indiamukund
My Device: BB 9650

Data Services not working on Du Carrier.

Hi,

I use a BB 9650 handset with OS 5. I have been using this handset with Etisalat connection for the past 8 months. I recently upgraded my handset to BB9900 and is really working fine.

I also subscribed to a Du connection (as the place I live has very poor Etisalat connectivity) for my personal number which I am now using on the BB 9650. I have also subscribed for a Data Bundle for the Blackberry with the provider. However, I am unbale to use the data services on the BB. The handset is not getting registered/recognised on the Du network. My discussion with Du has gone futile. The same Du SIM works fine on m y BB9900.

Also, the 9650 works perfectly with my Etisalat connection even now with all the data services working fine.

Do you think any one can help me?

Appreciate and thanks in advance for the help and support.

PS - I have tried the HRT option. I have been using a BB for the past 8 years and find it surprising. 

Regards

Mukund.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
indiamukund

Re: Data Services not working on Du Carrier.

Dear All,

I am surprised that I have not received a response. Is there a solution as you see?

Regards
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,955
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Most forums allow up to 24 hours before 'bumping' a thread due to no responses, so don't be surprised. This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. We are users just like you.

For your issue, the 9650 is a CDMA network device for which it also includes the GSM network bands on which Du operates, however, Du may need to enter the MEID and PIN into it's database so that the device can be registered on it's network.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
indiamukund

Hi,

I completely understand and was probably having an over expectation. Apologize for that.

As of the details, yes... you are right. How do I get the IMEI ID and PIN registered with Du? They are conveying that it is a handset problem.

Appreciate your response.

Regards

Mukund

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,955
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You have to ask them. They do not have to comply.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.