If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
catpea33
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telus

Data charges yet roaming set to off

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a Blackberry Bold 9700. In Options --> Mobile Network, Data Services is set to On but Data Services While Roaming is set to Off. My contract is with Telus of Canada and I'm currently on holiday in the UK. I received a text from Telus to tell me my data usage for the day was above 2MB. I checked my online account and I've been receiving data charges every day. Can anyone tell me how this is possible and what I need to do to stop it? As far as I'm concerned, turning off 'Data Services While Roaming' should have been enough. I want to be able to use my phone to receive calls still so turning off network access isn't an option; I'd also like to still be able to use wi-fi hotspots only (which I thought I had been using up to now).

Thanks
Catherine

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Data charges yet roaming set to off

Hello catpea33 and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

When you check your connection, does it say 3G with no BlackBerry® logo or does it say off? Is the logo missing? 

Have you been connecting to Wi-Fi® networks? Do you know if Telus charges for Wi-Fi usage? 

In regards to the billing and charges, Telus would be better able to discuss this as they control the billing and charges of your account. 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.