Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Timma827
My Device: Bold 9780

Data usage problems

[ Edited ]

I have a bold 9780, 

It used to be from Tmobile but i recentLy moved to the US and switched to AT&T

6.0 bundle 2949 (v6.0.0.668, Platform 6.6.0.236)

Tmobile had locked my phones provider so i had to go to a pcshop for them to unlock my phone to be able to use the AT&T sim. This was in august and my phone worked fine from then until september 11th when suddenly: bbm stops working, watsapp stops working, facebook and appworld stop working, the email i had set up on my phone stopps receiving mails as it should. Only the data reliant parts of these applicationsnhave stopped working. Facebook works with wifi, and watsapp will work for a couple of seconds maybe once every two days. Normally i would think this is a data problem with my service provider, but the browser still works perfectly (even with wifi off). This leads me to beleive its a problem with the phone itself. Also, if i try to update or install an app on bbm i will get an message of error id 40850. Im assuming this is related to the same problems the other apps have. Any ideas or help?

Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Data usage problems

Hello Timma827 and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your data.

Question - next to the 3G do you see the BlackBerry logo? Under Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Host Routing Table, do you have any entries listed in here or is it empty? 

If you have entries, hit Menu>Register Now. Do you receive the message? 

If there are no entries you need to talk to AT&T to ensure your data plan is provisioned as Active. 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
Timma827
My Device: Bold 9780

I see the blackberry logo under the 3G only when my wifi is on

I have many entries in the host routing table, most of which say GPRS US (310) followed by an 8 digit number,also one of the entries is wifi

I  received no message after hitting register now, after around 5 minutes of waiting.

I will update this if i do receive it later.

Thankyou very much for the help so far,

Tim

Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Since you are only seeing the logo when Wi-Fi is enabled it sounds like your data plan may not be active.

You will need to contact your mobile carrier and ask them to investigate further into this matter.

Cheers!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!