Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Cristian17
My Device: 9900

Dead Blackberry 9900

[ Edited ]

Hi I have a dead Blackberry 9900 Bold and i don't know how to start fixing the terminal.My first question is a little tutorial how to fix the phone would be nice and second question is that i can install other country carriers firmware on terminal???

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Dead Blackberry 9900

Without knowing exactly what is wrong with the phone it is difficult to help to repair it.  I'm not an expert on firmware but I would contact your carrier and ask if that phone would operate on their network.  This may not help but to save time and frustration can you get a working phone?  Check with your carrier if you want to repair the 9900.  If it won't operate on their network it isn't worth the effort to fix.

Well here is a 9900 teardown video if you want to proceed:

Blackberry Bold 9900 Teardown Directions by DirectFix.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9n2w-vGi2A

Sorry I explained bad what is wrong with the phone is not hardware problem, is softwear problem it's bricked/nuked. I found some tut. on crackberry forum, but i dont know what carrier is the phone and i don't know what firmware to flash.

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

I understand and that helps a lot!

Take a look at this guide from krypto on how to reload the software on the phone.  I would still contact the carrier first to verify the phone you have will operate on their network.

How To Reload Your Operating System

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Device-software/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-Syste...

Here is another way to try to load the software:

How to reload a BlackBerry smartphone without using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB29847&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

That is a probleme beacuse i bought it second hand.The owner of the device didn't know either.

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

You can try to get the phone up and running and give the carrier a call.  I hope it works.

thx very much :smileyvery-happy: