Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
CastroBevans
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: BTC
Accepted Solution

Dead Blackberry Bold 9000

Umm when i try to restore it by the the i went one youtube i am using A thing call Loader.exe to do it when it come to update to put files on phone it says Some message saying Something about password and try again 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CastroBevans

Re: Dead Blackberry Bold 9000

Application loader was unable to connect to device please reconnect your device, enter password and try again
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

Normally, that password is your device lock password -- the exact same one you have to use, on the device, to unlock it when you have either locked it yourself or the timer has reached whatever maximum you put into it, and it auto-locked. The password you have to enter on the computer is the exact same one...but, if you have any special characters (e.g., caps, numbers, etc.) in your password, you have to be very careful about how you type those on the BB keyboard...e.g., some folks think that they have an all-numeric password, but only hit the ALT key once, which actually results in the first character being numeric, but the rest are alpha characters.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
CastroBevans

It now on Thanks Alot
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...enjoy!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
gary9780
My Device: blackberry 8900
My Carrier: rogers

i have the same problem it says device has been disconnected even though its not it always shows this message when its installing " RECONNECTING TO JVM" PLEASE HELP
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

gary9780 wrote:
i have the same problem it says device has been disconnected even though its not it always shows this message when its installing " RECONNECTING TO JVM" PLEASE HELP

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Are you also being prompted for the device password? For that is the topic of this thread. If not, then please state clearly exactly what you are doing (e.g., Desktop Software connection or bypassing and directly using LOADER.EXE) and at exactly what state of whatever it is that you are doing that the message pops up...along with how long you wait...it can take some time, in some cases...

FYI...if your issue indeed is different than that which this thread discussed, we will have the mods split your post (and replies) out to a thread of their own so as to not pollute the issues that the OP of this thread raised.

Thanks and let us know.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.