Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Christopherca
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: claro

Re: Dead Bold 9900 !!!

I Think that blackberry are selling trash, They are playing with us! I am thinking in buying an Iphone or android. They dont care.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
suzee999
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: orange

Thankyou!!!!!  I was starting to think I was the only one with the same problem!  I work nights so ive charged my phone during the day.  This has happened twice now and im just waiting for my 3rd phone to be delivered tomorrow.  I hae no clue why this happens but its too much of a coincidence for it to happen twice under exactly the same circumstances.  Dont think it is the charger as i used another Blackberry charger the first time it happened.  Sorry i cant help, but just to let you know you are not alone

Suzee999 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Minime006
My Device: Bold9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Suzee999,

Thank you for reply, bit like yourself, work shifts, charge phone with supplied charger, phone sent to carrier to investigate!

Minime006

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jax0410
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

my phone has done the same thing today!blinking red light and nothing else!did you solve your problem?any help much appreciated!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Minime006

Contacted Vodafone & they arranging phone uplift/repair/replacement.

Tried pulling battery, leaving out for hours, connecting to pc (it told me phone was constantly rebooting)

Basically phone is gubbed.

Minime006

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Christopherca
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: claro

Hey guys do you know where I can claim the warranty for my Blackberry bold 9900, I bouth it factory unlocked. I live in Miami

Please use plain text.
Contributor
suzee999

No sorry, still no closer to finding out how to sort it.  Im just waiting for my 3rd 9900 in 6 days as the first 2 did exactly the same thing, charged overnight (or during the day when i was sleeping) and woke up with blank black screen with a flashing LED.  NOTHING has worked.  Thankfully because i am still under my 14 day warranty Orange my service provider have been brilliant. However, if this phone does the same thing then i will HAVE to change to a different phone.  I cant beleive I would be THAT unlucky!!  My daughter has EXACTLY the same phone as me and she has had no problem at all with hers.  Orange dont know what the problem is, they give me the same instructions, pull the battery, blow on the connections (!!??), press the on button for at least 20 seconds.  Ive emailed a BB forum member privately to see if they have the answer.  I just get the feeling we are missing something.  I just can't beleive that the same thing is happening to so many of us under the same circumstances.  If i hear anything, i'll get back to you xx

Suzee999

Please use plain text.
rt3u
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: smart communications

same with me.. left my bb 9900 charging via usb for an hour and when i checked it there was no power, i removed it from the usb and plugged it in the wall socket but nothing happened.  tried almost everything pulling the battery and letting it stand for an hour same results, the pc doesn't even recognize the phone .. no power.. completely blacked out.

Almost out of options.. pls. help.

what to do next?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
suzee999

i origninally posted this under another forum heading and have had a reply from a BB technical advisor asking for some info.  I'll keep yu posted if he can offer a solution.  3rd handset and i was too scared to charge it overnight.  It was dead this morning but at least it was the battery this time!!!  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Minime006

Mine's is back with Vodafone, looking @ message boards no one is having any joy bringing handset back to life!

I'm sure I searched & found an article on the BB Knowledge Base that said its engineers were looking into this issue with the Bold & I'm sure another of their new handsets.

Unable to find article again, but will keep trying & will post link if I find it.

Minime

Please use plain text.