Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Minime006
My Device: Bold9900

Re: Dead Bold 9900 !!!

Contributor
suzee999
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

So its a recognised fault......but pulling the battery DOES NOT work!!
Contributor
suzee999

The BB technical advisor said I need to get in touch with my carrier and ask to get in touch with RIM. Not overly helpful! Bit like the "pull the battery" fix! Seriously! If it was that easy we wouldn't all be left with dead phones!!
Contributor
Christopherca
My Device: blackberry bold 9900

It didn´t work. Please someone help us, I Think a person from Blackberry or RIM has to help us.

Contributor
suzee999

Christopherca, if it was that easy we would have all done it! Believe me, we have all tried allsorts to no avail. I'm gonna recharge my phone tonight and, bearing in mind this is my 3rd handset in a week, if it happens again then I'm bailing out on Blackberry altogether. Which is a bloody shame actually cos all problems aside, I really like my phone and I've had them for about 5 years.
Contributor
Christopherca
My Device: blackberry bold 9900

I wish you luck friend.  I tried to upgrade the os and it didn´t work. I tried pulling out the battery for 2 hours and then put it back and didn´t work.  

Contributor
suzee999

I've decided NOT to try and recharge it from completely drained. I waited for it to go in the red and am recharging now, still awake, so I can keep an eye on things. Really really hope you find a solution. BB is aware of the problem. So sorry I couldn't help. I have been lucky that had problems right at the very beginning of my contract and still under warranty. Good luck xx I'll keep an eye on things or if you hear anything let me know
Contributor
suzee999

OK! I admit defeat. I deliberately recharged my battery before I went to bed so it wasn't charging overnight. Went to bed and switched the phone OFF to switch back on again at 630am with an alarm. THIS time the battery was completely dead. It had drained completely from 100% to nothing in 6 hours and I hadn't used it. No alarm, late for work again. Completely lost faith and returning my Bold 9900 to Orange. A sad sad day.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

suzee999 wrote:
OK! I admit defeat. I deliberately recharged my battery before I went to bed so it wasn't charging overnight. Went to bed and switched the phone OFF to switch back on again at 630am with an alarm. THIS time the battery was completely dead. It had drained completely from 100% to nothing in 6 hours and I hadn't used it. No alarm, late for work again. Completely lost faith and returning my Bold 9900 to Orange. A sad sad day.

Ok, if you're returning it, you've decided, there's no more need for assistance here?

Because the root of your problem with a device going dead overnight after being fully charged is simply an application or two running in the background -- EVEN while turned off -- if you don't close or exit your apps, they will drain the battery. This includes especially so, the browser left open on an active webpage.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
suzee999

JS please credit me with some senae having spent the best part of 3 days trawling theBB forum for advise on how to conserve battery life. NO there was nothing running in the background since there is barely anything left on my phone. Everything non essential has been deleted as per instructions. I have been nothing but polite and respectful to you with regards to your information. Please do not talk to me like I am some **bleep**. Tech savvy I may not be, but I am perfectly able to follow instructions and have done so.