Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
bb9900userph
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Globe telecom

Re: Dead Bold 9900 !!!

I just got mine replaced a few days ago. Lets hope the new one is ok. What a hassle.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
xamr1
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]
http://www.cnbc.com/id/45362561

Research In Motion's new BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 may not be getting off to a very bold start.

Source: cnbc.com

Many users of the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 models have taken to the BlackBerry Support website to complain that their phones simply died for no reason at all. Several users reported that the problem occurred after the phone had been charging all night.

A RIM spokeswoman confirmed that a "limited number of customers have reported an issue where their device does not power on." She said the company is "actively working on a software update to resolve this issue."

Shares of Research In Motion [RIMM  18.19    -0.46  (-2.47%)   ] closed down 2.5% at $18.19 on the Nasdaq Friday. The stock has fallen more than 70 percent from its high near $70 a share in February amid questions about the company's ability to fend off Apple's iPhone [AAPL  374.94    -2.47  (-0.65%)   ] and other smartphones in the business segment. In June 2008, the stock was its all-time high above $144 a share.

In the past year alone, the company has grappled with layoffs, the departure of several top executives and a four-day global service outage that further rattled its grip on the business segment.
Please use plain text.
achen4
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

To be honest, I'm surprised this was not found internally before public release..

With so many internal users and no reports of such a serious crash.. there has to be some external factor causing this..

I wonder if they've pinpointed the root cause yet.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blazorboy
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: TMo

The dead have arisen. Now for a second miracle, a fix.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
poniloh
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: megafon

hello from Moscow , if i have this problem too 

What should I do?  

To wait for this new insertion?

As you have won this problem, prompt

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Christopherca
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: claro

you have to ask for the warranty to your carrier they have to change your blackberry.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
poniloh
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: megafon

What to do if such possibility isn't present?
Please use plain text.
Visitor
chriseip
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Just thought I would share my experience here. Experienced same problems - phone died after being charged overnight.

I have spoken to Vodafone who have thankfully offered to replace the handset for me. I feel kind of crazy going for another BB after all this but do really like the 9900 when it works properly!

So, big thanks to Vodafone for what will hopefully be a Bold that doesn't break. I am just slightly stunned by RIM's frankly terrible communication about this issue. For what is a truly high value product, that many of us do rely on to work etc, I am shocked by their level of customer service. Whilst I understand they may be holding back until a solution in found, I think it is ridiculous they would acknowledge this issue to the press and not to their customers via their website. Not all customers are likely to be as savvy as to seek help here.

I do hope they have learnt their lesson and sort out this ridiculous situation!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Christopherca
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: claro

I think the carrier are giving the face for the problem that Blackberry has to face it! Blackberry has to inform all your customers about this problem. I think blackberry don't have any sense of customer service, they give a **bleep** about us.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
StefKa
My Device: BB 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm in Venezuela, and I've heard a lot this problem. My phone is dead too!!

A bought it in USA unlocked and I'm using it here, so I don't think I'll be getting a new one. I'´ve tried everything and it doesn't work... RIM sucks!!!

Please use plain text.