Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
nikolakacin
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telenor

Re: Dead Bold 9900 !!!

[ Edited ]

UPDATE VIA LOADER TO LAST VERSION AND 9900 WORK !!!! DEFINITIVELY ! i just finish my phone ! Is a live !!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Dannymc5
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]
Hi, Blackberry newbie-ish here. First of all I'm not a Blackberry fan, more of an Android head tbf but got a 9900 as a work phone last week. The 9900 seems pretty decent but earlier, after receiving an email, the phone just shut itself off with no warning (the battery had around 90% charge). Took the battery out and left it for a good while then re-inserted it and plugged it in to my charger but just got a solid red led and then a battery with a cross through it on the screen. Having browsed through this site it seems like it's quite a prevalent problem and not one I'll be able to rectify myself however being the geek I am I would like to have some idea about why it's happened. I would just like to add that my limited experience of Blackberries (all 3 have been work phones) the hardware (don't get me started on the software) seems to be very poor from a quality control perspective as the previous 2 both had hardware/software issues and had to be replaced. Strangely though none of the Android phones or the iPhones I've had have ever needed to be replaced....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Christopherca
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: claro

I did it 6 times and did not work.

Please use plain text.
reo
reo
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Digicel

A mi me pasa lo mismo con el modelo Bold 9900, de un día a otro ya no encendio y se queda la luz roja parpadeando nada mas, lo he llevado a la compañía que me provee el servicio móvil que es la que me vendio el aparato, a ver que me dicen al final.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jccollant
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

La empresa que me lo vendió en Canadá me lo cambió por otra unidad, es un Bold 9900 que felizmente funciona bien. Me dijeron que era un problema del hardware.

My mobile carrier in Canada exchanged the phone for another one; it's another Bold 9900 that luckily still works. They said it was a hardware problem.
Please use plain text.