Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9900
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Dead Bold 9900 !!!

[ Edited ]

I purchased a Blackberry Bold9900 IMEI <Personal Contant Removed>  on 8/10/11 from J.M. Electronics (G.S)., Guwahati, India.

It suddenly stopped working on 12/12/11 and I went to the retailer for a replacement as it has been just two months since i purchased it. However, to my utter shock and disappointment , i was informed that I cannot receive a replacement because I did not preserve the box the phone came in. I have the original bill of purchase with the IMEI and PIN nos.

It is conclusive proof of legitimate purchase and my right to seek a replacement.

It is unethical and incomprehensible how I can be refused my right on the basis of an empty box.

I fervently hope someone from the reputed, worldwide company will read and address my problem at the earliest.

The helpline number for India is not working. There is no email address for customer grievances.

This was the only resort.

At the moment, I am still awaiting some kind of action on the part of your company regarding the replacement of my two month old Blackberry 9900. I was told by the retailer that I would get a response directly from the company after which there would be further action regarding the replacement. So far, there has been no communication or progress.

I am stuck between the retailer and the company with no solution in sight for my problem.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 3G
My Carrier: Vodacom

Have mine a month using .503 and I charge mine overnight all the time with no problems.

Could you guys with problems please disclose what version software you are running.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

7.0 bundle 1950 on replacement, probably was same on bricked phone.  It appears overnight charging is killing a fixed percentage of Bold 9900 handsets; not risking it again with replacement and am making sure to back up after taking photos and vids I want to keep. 

New Contributor
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

The same thing happened to my recently purchased BB Bold 9900. I remember that yesterday afternoon the battery was completely drained, the phone turned itself off because of that.  As soon as I got home, I plugged it in to the charger and I was able to use it while it was charging (checking emails, downloading apps, using the camera).  Suddenly, the screen became black and the LED light turned red and it was blinking.  This morning I followed the suggestion of removing the battery for less than a minute and it worked: the battery is still at 50% capacity and charging, probably because I left it with the phone and the blinking LED problem the whole night. The phone is working so far.

I like the device, but if it's going to be soooo unreliable I think I will go for an older model like the BB Curve!

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: UTS

Than your lucky with that tricky, cant confirm that saddly

New Contributor

safe bet. The older tried and true...

Contributor
My Device: Curve 3G
My Carrier: Vodacom

Like I said I am having pretty decent results with .503... Battery life is a vast improvement for me as well.

Have you guys tried charging the phone without the battery in for a while and then reinserting it?
New Contributor

yes, you wait about a minute and then the battery icon with cross comes on; other posts say then to insert battery, and repeat procedure (3 times), but it did not work for me. I am going to try to hook battery-less phone to computer, don't know if it will result in anything different....all I want at this point are some pictures and three videos of the hard drive of the dead phine.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: UTS

older devices could also be reinstalled without a battery this new device this trick doesnt work!

My Device: 9900 OEM
My Carrier: Movistar

Exactly same thing happened with me. I've already tried every tip / way to fix it, found on forums and web pages. One week researching and trying everything and it didn't work, it always get stucked at "recconecting to JVM". Different OS, diferent computers, timing in the battery pull / put, with battery, without battery, battery fully charged, empty battery, /nojvm, old DM, new DM, plug/unplug at different stages.
BBsak BBHybrid Tools JLcmder (and other 3) didn't work and didn't even recognize the device (sometimes for 10 sec, not enough time). Can't Wipe because of that.
And after hours and hours of trying, i always get stucked at "recconecting to JVM".

Sometimes when plugged witout a batteryfor more than 30 seconds, i get the "no battery screen" (battery with an X). And if you put in the battery, after a few tries you get the "charging battery screen" (battery empty with a bolt). I hope this can help somehow.

Does anyone really revived the 9900?

Any new ideas how to do it?

Any news about thesoftware with the fix, or the release date?