Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
suzee999
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Re: Dead Bold 9900 !!!

Please be advised the "bleep" was nothing disrespectful! Xx
JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

suzee999 wrote:
JS please credit me with some senae having spent the best part of 3 days trawling theBB forum for advise on how to conserve battery life. NO there was nothing running in the background since there is barely anything left on my phone. Everything non essential has been deleted as per instructions. I have been nothing but polite and respectful to you with regards to your information. Please do not talk to me like I am some **bleep**. Tech savvy I may not be, but I am perfectly able to follow instructions and have done so.

You're taking this the wrong way. I'd love to be able to help you, or at least try, but honestly, I don't know what all you've done. I've tried going over the 5-6 threads you've posted info in, and it's just purely impossible to follow all your posts in all those threads to get my head wrapped around it ('cause, no I am not brilliant).

That's why we BEG users to stick with one thread, post all the details, try to be precise and yet include everything they've done previously. So, I don't know what you deleted, removed or anything, since you haven't said so. I'm flying blind without information you provide.

So, you might call me 'tech savvy', thanks. But I'm sure not a mind-reader :smileywink:

This may help you understand why I've asked you to try to keep it all in one thread... Take for example, if your car was acting weird and you drove up to the dealer shop and went to person A and told him some bit of information, then darted over to mechanic B and told him a bit more, and then over to mechanic C who was working on a similar yet different model car and started asking questions, then back over A again, etc., and so on.

I'd be confused, just like I am right now. So, please don't thing I am speaking down to you. I think I am just as confused and frustrated as you. On the other hand, I can say with certainty, that with proper information and discourse between the user here and the person trying to help you, there is a darn great chance of getting your issue solved.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
suzee999

Ok here goes. 2 new handsets. Both batteries drained and put on charge overnight, both phones completely dead and can't be switched on (despite following huge amounts of advise) both handsets sent back to carrier. 3rd handset charged before draining and not overnight so I could keep and eye on it. Left by the bed switched "off" supposed to switch back at 630 with an alarm. In the morning battery completely drained despite not using it. I have followed ALL the battery tips and deleted social media, twitter, maps, all unneeded languages, make sure I always shut the browser using the return button and not the red one...... HOWEVER, yesterday when it eventually charged (at work) the battery lasted a good 10 ish hours despite me using the phone. It is holstered during the day to protect from damage. AND last night charged up and was still working this morning. Tonight I will charge it prior to bed, switch it off and holster it to see how that affects the battery. It was supposed to be going back to Orange in the next few days but the fact it behaved itself last night means it may have earnt a reprieve. I appreciate all your comments about threads etc but I'm sure you appreciate how frustrating this has been. Everything has been backed up and backed up again! Fingers crossed it may even still be here next week! X
Contributor
bb9900userph
My Device: BB 9900

help!!!!

my new BB9900  died today!

charged it overnight and then it wont power up anymore.

cannot connect to my pc.

i can only see red blinking LED.

any solution here?

Contributor
suzee999

Its a recognised fault. My carrier stopped selling the 9900 for a short while but is reselling with some software update. I'm sorry to say, you will be very very lucky if you can get any of the fixes on her to work. You need to send it back and I believe RIM will now replace it if its out of warranty. If you let the battery drain totally then I'm afraid its dead and buried :smileysad: I'm on my 3rd handset which seems ok after following all the fixes for battery saving and I never let the battery drop below 5%. I heard on Crackberry that BB batteries actually benefit more from being charged little and often tho I'm no expert. My daughters phone died yesterday. 2nd handset for her delivered this morning with absolutely no quibble whatsoever. Main point here is no BACK UP every few days especially if you have taken phot's of special occasions and saved to device. Just in case.
New Contributor
lukenig
My Device: bold 9900

Am having the same problem 2 whats a man 2 do my fone is only 3weeks old

Contributor
bb9900userph
My Device: BB 9900

Mine is 3 weeks old. Unbelievable!
They should stop selling this
Contributor
suzee999

Send it back. See above. Phones being sent out now have new software x
New Contributor
lukenig
My Device: bold 9900

Got d fone in london while visiting now am back home in Nigeria what can i do

Contributor
suzee999

Contact your service provider?? Sorry, doesn't solve the immediate problem :smileysad: